25. Lights off

< At office>

Shehnaaz walked in the office and noticed everyone was staring at her. Her instinct told her, something was wrong. She thought to push away the thought and moved towards Sidharth's cabin.

As she entered his cabin, she saw Sidharth, Ahaan and Rhea all sitting together with dull faces. Their faces fell duller as Shehnaaz entered.

"Hey Guys," said Shehnaaz but, didn't receive any reply from them.

"Shehnaaz comes here and sit," said Ahaan.

"What's happening, guys? Is everything alright?" said Shehnaaz as her eyes searched for Sidharth's eyes to looks into but, Sidharth didn't look up he continued looking away from her.

"We need to talk," said Rhea.

"Yes please tell me what's wrong," said Shehnaaz looking at Rhea with puppy eyes that were really concerned.

"Someone has once again revealed confidential information about our company and this time once again it's from your IP address "sighed Rhea.

"Guys, trust me I haven't done anything," said Shehnaaz as she pleaded them to believe her.

"Of course we know that Shehnaaz, everyone knows you aren't guilty but,..." Sidharth couldn't complete his sentence as Shehnaaz interrupted.

"But, what Sidharth? Tell me the entire thing" said Shehnaaz.

"Shehnaaz we all know you aren't guilty but, we need to prove that to the board of directors. Even if Sidharth is the CEO of the company he does not hold the power to overrule the decision made by the board of directors and by the majority votes they have decided that you will be suspended from the office till you are proved innocent " said Rhea as she was extremely sorry about the entire situation.

" Why is my loyalty always questioned? Haven't I done enough for the company for them to store faith in me and the concern and loyalty that I hold towards the company ?" she ranted in anger.

"Shehnaaz relax! We will find a way out of it," said Sidharth as he placed his hands on her
shoulder.

FLASHBACK :

Sidharth just kept his cell phone down as he spoke to Shehnaaz. His brain kept thinking why would Kaira do something like that. This is not something that he had expected her to do.

Putting that aside, he thought what would she be up to? Suddenly, Ahaan barges in his cabin.

"Sidharth you need to hear this," said Ahaan.

"Sidharth, our company's confidential details have been revealed and once again it's from Shehnaaz's IP address. The board of directors have sent a petition to suspend her until she is proved innocent or else she will be fired " said Ahaan all at one breathe.

"Ahaan, you know she could never do something like this. We need to prove that she is not at fault. She is being targeted " said Sidharth as he was furious.

"Sidharth, you never know. She has been in the company only for the past 3 months. We can't trust her. What if she has? It can't be coincident, it's the second time that she has been under our suspect list " said Ahaan as he was truly concerned.

"You can't be serious Ahaan! Shehnaaz can never do something like that. I trust her " said Sidharth as he defended her.

"If you have so much trust on her then I'm sure she has something in her only then it's possible for you to trust her so much. Brother, you love her and you need to tell her as soon as we sort this out" said Ahaan with a smile.