12. I am too old for her

It was THE day for all of them. Sid, Ahaan, Tina, Rhea and Shehnaaz had been working their ass off.

Finally, they had to present the whole idea of the project to the board members. All of them were super anxious as they went to the conference room.

After an hour,  all of them came out with huge smiles on their faces. They had made it. The board members loved the entire idea of the project. Now they could start with it as soon as they get a green signal from the investors.

As they left Sid was so happy he wanted to see Shehnaaz immediately and tell her how happy he was. This was the same feeling on her side too. They both moved towards each other smiling as suddenly,  Karan comes in between and gives a hug to Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz felt it little weird as she wasn't close to him. She immediately saw Sid, he was fuming in anger. She said thank you, giving a fake smile and tried reaching out to Sid but, before she could go to him, he had vanished out of her sight. She looked around but, Sid wasn't there.

Men's Washroom:

"Congrats bro, we made it," said Karan.

"Thanks but, I guess you were never the part of 'we' said Sidharth with a smirk.

"Woah, it's my company," said Karan.

"Oh you mean more like Rhea's? " said Sidharth.

"Whatever, oh sorry but I thought more than work you were focused on Shehnaaz right ?" said Karan with a smirk.

"Mind your own business, she is just my best friend," said Sidharth.

" Oh, that's great then. I'm for sure approaching for a dinner date today" said Karan with a smirk.

"Stay away from Shehnaaz," said Sidharth in a dominating pitch.

"why you love her ? " said Karan.

"that's none of your concern,  stay away from her," said Sidharth.

" Oh come on Sidharth. You really think you have a chance with her. She is almost 8 years younger to you, she would find anyone better than you" said Karan.

Sidharth didn't have anything to say. He just walked away from there while giving a poker look to Karan. Karan smiled to himself as he thought,  he was successful in pushing Sidharth away from Shehnaaz and clearing his own path to woo Shehnaaz.

As Sidharth was sitting alone in his cabin. Karan's words kept ringing in his head "She is 8 years younger to you. She can easily find anyone better than you". As much as he got angry, he began to feel that what Karan said was right. Shehnaaz could find anyone better than him. She has a lot of options. Right now they are all busy working at work but, once the workload gets lightened, she can meet more people by more people he thought people of her age. Shehnaaz was young,  beautiful and intelligent. She could get any guy of her choice and most importantly of her age. This thought haunted Sidharth. He feared to lose her. He didn't want to get hurt once again in life. He had been played with and hurt a lot of times already and since the past two years he has been maintaining a distance with everyone but, with Shehnaaz it was different.

Fighting all of his energies to be around Shehnaaz.  Sidharth finally decided that he will maintain a professional relationship with her now. He will not allow her to get any more closer to him. This would be the best thing for both of them. Sid decides he'll avoid her as much as he can.

7 p.m. at work:

Amidst all these thoughts Sidharth heard a knock his cabin door. It was Shehnaaz.

"Hey, aren't you leaving," said Shehnaaz as she smiled.

Her smile was the cutest. Shehnaaz had an innocence to her face that appealed to Sidharth. He felt himself in complete awe of her. As much as he wanted to be around her and drive back home with her. Karan's words kept ringing in his head.

"Hey, No, I'll stay back a little longer, you can leave," said Sidharth without looking at her.

"If you want, I can wait back we'll leave together," she said as she smiled at him but, thought to herself if something is wrong.

"No need. If you want my driver can drop you" said Sidharth arrogantly.

Now Shehnaaz was pissed she didn't know why he was behaving like this. She too was short-tempered and said "No thanks, I can book myself a cab" and she left from there.

"I'm really sorry Shehnaaz. I would never want to hurt you or make you feel bad ever in life but, this is something which is the best for both of us. " thought Sidharth to himself.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey Guys,  I hope you all are doing well and are safe at your respective homes.

The response from you'll for this story, from you'll is too overwhelming. I hope you'll like this chapter.

See you'll tomorrow with a new one. 😬❤