And

"You're late" I see a salty looking Lucas at the front desk.

"I'm so sorry. Time slipped away from me. But I'm here now. Let's go watch movies" I say with a smile to try and make my situation better but it's not looking good for me.

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll let you choose" I say, straining my face with my smile. He sighs.
"Whatever" he says.

"Please don't be mad at me. I said I'm sorry and I'm here now" I say.
"It's not that" he quietly says.

"Then what is it?" I ask. Lucas look towards the eavesdropping ladies that were working the second shift.

"Not here. Let's go" he says as he walks round the counter to the elevators. I follow him in silence. It seems the ladies were disappointed.

The elevator ride was filled with a heavy silence. I truly am sorry my friend but I'm starting to grow relationships out of our own.

We enter my home and I bring our conversation up.

"So, what's wrong?" I ask with a serious look on my face.

"Listen, I miss you. You have been in prison for three weeks! I didn't know if you were coming back. I didn't know anything that was happening to you there. I didn't know if you had enough to eat or if you were warm enough or if you even had a proper bed to sleep on! And now I barely see you anymore" he lets out.

This is unusual for Lucas to burst out like this. He must've been pretty upset.

I slowly move to hug him. He lets out a sigh as he hugs me back. He digs his head into the crook of my neck.

"I'm fine. When will I not be fine?" I ask as I detach him from me to tell him straight in his face. I see tears running down his face. I wipe them with my thumbs.

"Look at me, I'm fine. Nothing can bring me down" I say with a smile. More tears flow down from his part.

"I was so worried about you. You just vanished the one day" he says as he clings on me again as if I will disappear again. He lets out a sob in between.

"You shouldn't worry. I bounce back. You can't get rid of me that quickly" I say as I rub his back in slow circles.
"But that time...I thought you weren't going to come back" he says.

"I'll always back" I say. He laughs a little.
"I hate you" he says.
"Love you too hey" I whine a little. He continues to laugh at me. We stay hugging for a little while longer until I speak up again.

"Feeling better?" I ask.
"Sort of" he says as he detaches himself from me. His face is red with a running nose and red eyes.

It's weird that he got worried when I have been away for longer. Granted, I did call him a few times but he never really said anything back.

"I'll order food and you get a movie going" I smile.
"Sure" he says with a warm smile. He plops down on the couch and starts his search. I so long order McDonalds. I probably shouldn't leave for snacks. Lucas is incredibly fragile right now and leaving is a touchy topic so I leave it be.

I swing my legs over the couch and land next to Lucas. I look at the screen. Looks like we're watching Despicable Me.

Lucas stayed for the night. We both slept on the couch when the second movie came on. More like, he slept and trapped me in his warm comfortable arms so soon I fell asleep as well.

I wake up to a smell. I open my eyes a little more to check the kitchen to find Lucas making breakfast.

"Morning" he says and gets back to his cooking. I walk towards the kitchen and lean on him, observing what he was making. It looks like French toast but I might be wrong. I don't know how one can screw up French toast but ok.