Injuries

Summary: First of all, I know that I said a part 2 of Regrets was coming, but I tried writing it and it was shi:) So we'll see about that. Here's another story in the meantime. Anyway, in this story, Bellamy changes the bandaids of Clarke's injuries. Also, I guess there's kind of spoilers for Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, but barely, as I just took the concept of a scene and wrote it for Bell and Clarke;)

I am also finished with all of my exams!

"I can change them," Bellamy spoke. 

"Are you sure?" Clarke asked. She knew he usually didn't do that.

"Yeah, let me just-" He fumbled in the drawers, trying to find a fresh bandage. Jackson would usually be the one to change her bandages. Or herself, for that matter, but since one of the bandages were wrapped around her shoulder, she couldn't do it herself. 

She had just wanted to wait until the others came back before they changed the bandages again, but some of them were almost soaking in blood. 

They had the whole room to themselves. When Bellamy had found the bandage, she lifted herself onto a table. That way it would be easier for Bellamy to change the bandage, as they were more at eye-level. 

He walked over to her and placed the bandage beside her. He sighed before gathering his concentration towards the injury on her left arm. 

He carefully removed the bandage, stroking Clarke's skin in the process. It was easier than he thought it would be. 

He had never changed a bandage before, no, but he had seen people do it countless times. 

Bellamy cut a new piece of bandage and tied it around her arm. 

His gaze fixed on the one on Clarke's shoulder. But he wasn't ready for that yet, couldn't quite bring himself to do it. 

So he moved on to the bandage on her right arm. Bellamy breathed slowly, trying not to think about how close he was standing to Clarke. 

Clarke's gaze followed Bellamy's movements as he did the same with her right arm. Just the bandage around her shoulder was left, and it took Bellamy a few moments to gather himself before stepping even closer to her. 

Now he was standing between her legs, his head looming between her head and shoulder. 

Clarke's heartbeat sped up as his finger brushed her clavicle. 

He reached around her so he could remove the bandage. He drew in a sharp breath, trying to focus on the bandage and nothing more than that. 

He was almost relieved when he had removed it and had a few seconds where his head was turned away from Clarke's as he went to get a fresh piece. 

He reached around her again to tie the bandage around her shoulder. It was almost like an awkward hug. 

But even after Bellamy had tied the bandage, he still found himself standing merely centimeters from Clarke. Like he couldn't move. Not that he wanted to. 

His head still lingered slightly above her shoulder, and when his lips brushed her shoulder, Clarke's heart went wild. 

It had barely been a touch, but it was enough. 

He was so close to her, her legs on either side of him, and his arms on either side of her. He was standing so close but yet so far. She could feel the heat vibrating off his body, and it was almost unbearable that he was so close but they still didn't touch. 

It was quiet, except for their mixed breaths. 

She thought it might actually happen this time. She thought he might actually kiss her. He lifted his head and looked at her for barely a second, and to Clarke's disappointment, he turned around, putting distance between them. 

"I think we're done here." He spoke, leaving a stunned Clarke on the table. 

Bellamy hated himself. He hated himself for not being able to give in to what he wanted. He wanted Clarke, and he had told her that once. 

But she had told him that she would have him without his armor or not at all. Armor. The walls he had been building around himself ever since he was just a kid. They were what protected him, and he couldn't let them down. 

Not even for Clarke. 

-

Also, this was inspired by Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, read it;)