Since Pretty Much Always

Summary: I know some of y'all won't like this because it includes Becho. But I respect Echo and think both her and Bellamy deserve a better relationship with someone else:) This includes a Becho breakup.

Echo sat in front of Bellamy. She had only been back for a few days. Bellamy was glad that she was back, even though it wasn't thanks to him. 

As he looked at her, he couldn't stop thinking that it had been so much more important to him to save Clarke than to save Echo. He felt guilty. 

Echo studied Bellamy as she poked the food on her plate. He had a thoughtful and confused look in his eyes, and they really hadn't spoken much after she had gotten back. 

She watched him sit in a bubble of his own thoughts, clearly not very present. When Clarke spoke from a few meters beside them, it was as if Bellamy was ripped out of his thoughts, and the thought that had stuck itself to Echo's mind for the last couple of weeks stood clear again. 

When he then glanced over at Clarke with definite admiration in his eyes, Echo had to say something. 

Echo sighed. "You know you're in love with her, right?" She spoke, the words instantly made Bellamy look at her. 

As Echo said those words, Clarke's face immediately appeared in Bellamy's mind. 

"Since when?" He asked, more to himself than to Echo. 

"Since pretty much always." Echo started. "I see the way you look at her, the way you have always looked at her. And this relationship," She said, gesturing between herself and Bellamy. "It's not meant to be. We both deserve someone that makes us happy." She placed her hand softly on his cheek. 

"Whatever feelings we have shared, the bond between you and her will always be stronger. I want to see you happy, Bellamy, and I want to find happiness myself, but we won't find that with each other." She finished, removing her hand from his face again. 

Bellamy's lips parted as he tried to form words, but he had no idea what to say. Deep down, he knew she was right, he had never felt the way about Echo that he felt with Clarke. A feeling that was much too complicated to explain. 

Clarke would always be his first priority. 

Bellamy was stunned. Had Echo noticed something that clear that he was barely aware of himself? 

"I-" He began, but his voice trailed off at a loss for words. 

"It's okay, it's for the best. Go be happy, Bellamy." 

"I-" He sighed and took her hand in his. "Thank you," 

Bellamy was a coward. He was a fucking coward. Not when it came to war or anything like that, but when it came to one particular blonde-haired woman whom he had been acting completely weird around for the past week. 

Echo's words still rung in his mind, reminding him every minute of the day what he was supposed to do, what his heart so deeply longed for him to do. 

To reveal his feelings to Clarke. 

But damn, he had just broken up with Echo, and even though he deep down had known that his and Echo's relationship wasn't going to last for that much longer, it was hard. 

He was a well of feelings. 

The night had come so quickly, and almost everyone had left to get some rest. Except for Bellamy, who was anything but tired, with the thoughts of Clarke running through his mind. 

He was sitting under a tree where there was no one else in sight, so he had the chance to be alone. 

That was, of course, until the particular girl that kept his mind busy suddenly was sitting down beside him. 

"Oh, hey," He spoke, trying not to sound awkward even though it was hard. 

"Hi," She said before an awkward silence filled the air between them. 

"Bellamy," She spoke after a few moments. She turned to look at him, but he stared at the stars and trees almost as if he had never seen them before. 

"You have been acting so weird lately. Did I do something?" She asked, and Bellamy sensed the hurt in her voice. 

But his mind was running wild, trying to find the right words to use. 

"Just talk to me, please," Clarke begged, and Bellamy couldn't help but glance at her. 

"Echo and I broke up," He started. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Clarke said, even though it pained her to see him with Echo. 

"I'm not," He spoke so quietly that she barely caught it. 

"I don't understand-" She began, but suddenly the words were flowing from Bellamy's mouth. 

"I'm so in love with you Clarke. Echo confronted me about it and it was good that our relationship ended. But apparently I've been in love with you for years, but I just realized it last week, so I was nervous as hell for what you were gonna say and how I was going to tell you, because, you know, it's pretty crazy, and I-" 

Her lips were soft. He was startled for a moment until he melted into it put his hand on her waist to bring her closer to him. It was gentle at first, but they both craved more. 

Clarke's skin was on fire, and her mind was cleared for every thought except the ones involving Bellamy and his skin against hers. She felt his tongue against her lips, drifting them apart. A kiss had never been so strong, every glance, and every small touch for the last years had been building up to this moment, where their desires had grown so big they could no longer control them. 

Bellamy longed to run his fingers through her hair on lazy mornings, be there for her when she was lost, and steal a kiss every time he wanted to. 

Nothing existed at that moment but them and their shared feelings and future.