One Day I'll Lose

Summary: Another Modern AU? Definitely. Clarke's being mentored by Alejandro, a man in his 40's, he helps her with her art. Bellamy lives with Alejandro, though they're not related by blood. (Inspired by "I'll give you the sun" by Jandy Nelson, which I finished today;))

Clarke walked through the door without knocking. She always did that, but Alejandro had no problem with it, sometimes she showed up when he wasn't even home. 

Today though, both Bellamy and Alejandro are sitting in one of the rooms, playing chess as usual. 

"Hey," She greets them both as she walks in. 

They both just wave at her without looking up, too invested in the game. Alejandro had only mentored her for 2 weeks, but his house already felt like her second home. 

"Today," Alejandro begins, still not looking at her. "We begin on your next work, yes?" 

Clarke beams with joy. "Yes," 

"Ha! I won!" Bellamy laughs, and they finally return from their little world of chess. Alejandro's cat walks over to Bellamy and jumps in his lap. 

"I have a certain way with the ladies." He smiles, petting the cat. 

"I wouldn't notice, I'm on a boycott," Clarke answered, loving the reaction on his face. 

"A boycott?" He asks. 

"Yes." She answers while sitting down on a chair a few meters from the table they're sitting at. 

"What a shame." He speaks. 

"Bellamy! Behave." Alejandro breaks in, but Bellamy just smirks. 

"We will start now, yes?" Alejandro speaks to Clarke, who just nods and follows him to another room. 

Alejandro had left Clarke hours ago after he was sure she wouldn't need his help for a while. And Bellamy had driven off on his motorcycle at some point as well. Clake had the house to herself. 

She stared at her painting, kind of proud of how far she had come, but she needed a break, her concentration was fading. 

She didn't want to think about Bellamy, but she did. He was the type that hurt people before they could hurt him, she was certain of that. Alejandro himself had warned her. 

She found herself in one of her favorite rooms in the house, which had the most stunning paintings. 

One was a beautiful landscape, another one pictured a child crying, but her favorite one was of the couple kissing. It was so intense, so personal. Like they just belonged there, with each other. 

She could admire that painting for hours, and she often found herself staring at it. The same question crawled its way into her head every time; 'What does it feel like to be kissed like that?'

She had kissed quite a few boys, but never like that, never like they just belonged in that moment. 

Only, she didn't realize, this time she had spoken the words out loud. 

"I will happily show you, that is if you break the boycott." A voice took her by surprise. 

Bellamy was standing in the doorway. She looked at him in horror. 

"I didn't know anyone was here!" She stated. 

"Apparently not, but it was fortunate for me, I got some great pictures." He smiled, gesturing at his camera. He was a photography major. 

"Of me!?" Clarke asked, slightly angry that he had just taken pictures of her without her knowing. Although he had taken pictures of her before. 

Bellamy's lips spread out into a smirk. 

He walks over so he is standing beside her. 

"You think I was thinking about you?" She asked, still having a hard time believing Bellamy had heard her. 

"Indeed I do." He answered her, still smirking. However, Clarke says nothing, doesn't deny anything. 

"Why are you doing this?" She asks, demanding to know. 

"What?" Bellamy asks, confused. 

"This... act. Your voice, the way you're looking at me, standing so close." Clarke said, raising her voice. The way he made her feel confused her, made her angry because she couldn't understand it. 

"I'm not doing anything!" Bellamy argued, putting his hand up defensively. 

"Yes, you are, and you fucking know it." She answered while making her way away from him. "Fortunately, I'm immune to your charm." 

"Hmm, if you're immune, why did you react like that?" He asked, and all Clarke wanted to do was tear that fucking smirk off his face. 

"Because you're annoying." She stated. She couldn't help but smile to herself. She loved the game they played but one day, she was going to lose. 

//AN//

I am not feeling super inspired lately, I don't really have any ideas for one-shots. Also, sorry I didn't upload a new one this Saturday, but it was my birthday (I turned 17), so that's fun. But anyway, you got a one-shot now, and I hope I can update this coming Saturday<3 I'm also super grateful for all the love you're showing this story, it makes me so happy to get a notification when you've voted or commented, so thank you!

Also, Wattpad won't let me upload gifs to the start of the chapters:(