Chapter 96 - Facing the Enemy

While Dash and his sons abducted Draco with the help of Tarik and his comrades, Nomi was sitting in her cell still being on the way to who knows where.
She was still thinking about a way to escape. There was the vent above her cot which was closed with a grid. The Commander had examined it already, but without a tool or the Force there was no possibility to remove the bolts. It seemed this time she would be really done.

The door of her cell opened with a hiss and Canady entered followed by two stormtroopers. After entering the troopers took position at the door while the Commodore moved toward Nomi who was sitting on the cot.
"When I enter you have to snap to attention, Darklighter," the man glared at her and let his hand linger over his blaster. The elderly woman was watching the Commodore unimpressed and made no move to comply his order.
"Rise, damn Rebel," the man snarled as he made another step in Nomi's direction. His face went red and the vein at his right temple was clearly visible. The stoic calm of his prisoner angered and irritated Canady. The Jedi Master looked up to the man who towered over her. Those eyes, it was to him as if she would look into his very soul. His hand was still lingering over his blaster. One shot and those eyes would be closed forever. But something let him hesitate. It would be a too easy death.

Onboard the Outrider Draco was glaring at Dash Rendar who has turned his seat to face his prisoner.
"You've killed my men and destroyed my ship, Rendar. Is this the way the Resistance is treating its allies?"
Dash locked eyes with the pirate who was still held by Corran and said in an even tone: "No, this is the way how the Resistance is treating traitors, Draco. What have you done to my wife?"
"Your wife?" The counter question came. "The Commander left my ship and was on her way ho..." He was unable to end the sentence since Corran took him in a rear choke hold.
"Nice try, Sleemo I'm sure you can do better," Nomi's son was hissing in Draco's ear. "Tell us the truth or I'll kill you with my bare hands." He was pretty sure that Master Skywalker wouldn't agree with what he was doing, but he didn't care. Corran would do everything to get his mother back. So would Biggs and his father. He was pretty sure of this and tightened the choke hold.
Draco was gasping for breath. He was unable to free himself since his hands were still cuffed. Corran's father was watching unmoved, since the pirate didn't deserve any better in his opinion. They had an agreement and the man trampled on it. Because of him he might had lost his wife or was about to lose her. It made him sick to look at this face.
"Stop it and bring him in the cargo hold, Corran. We will find another way to loosen his tongue," Dash ordered.
His son let go and Draco took gulps of air when the pressure at his throat vanished. Corran didn't let the pirate much time to regain his composure, dragged him out of the cockpit and in the cargo hold. There he shackled him to a girder and left.

"So what do we do with this guy?" Corran asked his father and Biggs, who was also in the cockpit now and looking at his brother expectantly.
Dash sighed and leaned forward in his seat. "Frankly, I have no idea." He looked at Biggs who spoke only if it was necessary. And it seemed as if it would be the time now. He rubbed the scar at his forehead before he spoke.
"You know that I always followed the Jedi way how Master Skywalker taught us," he took a deep breath before he continued to speak. "But now is the time to do what must be done. There is a way to get what we need to rescue Mama." He looked at his younger brother. "I wonder why you haven't thought about this."
Corran shrugged and settled down in one of the empty seats. "I thought simply questioning him would do."
His brother gave him a stare which would have melted durasteel. "You've nearly killed Draco. We would have gained nothing with him being dead. This man is our only option to learn what happened to our mother. We can't reach her in the Force, but I think we all agree that she is still alive."
Their father was following the conversation keeping silent, but now he cleared his throat to get his sons' attention. Both young men were looking at him now and he nodded his head thoughtfully. "Whatever you want to do, Biggs do it," he finally said.
This was exactly what Biggs had waited for. He stood up and headed for the cargo hold.

Onboard the FirstOrder Dreadnought Canady was still staring at his prisoner. They had believedthe Resistance to be destroyed after the Battle of Crait, but now here was thiswoman who had took up the fight. She and a bunch of low lives, who werethreatening the convoys bound to and from Exegol, the staging area of a newEmpire. An Empire that would raise from the ashes, an Empire his late fatherwanted to help to create. And now it was up to him to make this dream cometrue. But this woman in front of him was an obstacle.
"Where is your base, Darklighter?" He asked with a demanding undertone as hewas moving even closer.
His captive locked eyes with him in defiance. "You will never find it, Canady."
The Commodore smirked. "Are you this sure?"
Nomi must admit to herself that she wasn't sure. Without the Force she wasvulnerable like every common being and Canady knew this all too well. Shecursed inwardly. But there was still hope. The Commander was pretty sure thather family would be looking for her if she didn't come back. And she mightescape of her own if she found out about the Ysalamiris' sleep pattern. Shewould have only 5 minutes if she recalled this right from back then when sherescued Kyle Katarn. Important was to find out when this would happen and to beprepared.
Canady gave Nomi an evil smile before he beckoned the stormtroopers who werestanding guard at the door.
"Bring the prisoner in the interrogation room."
Both troopers moved over, forced Nomi to stand and cuffed her before theydragged her out of the cell followed by the Commodore. It didn't take longuntil they reached their destination.
"And now we will have a little talk about your base's location, Darklighter."
The troopers shackled the Jedi Master to a torture device, left and closed thedoor shut.
Hearing the first screams they were eager to leave.