Chapter 88 - A new Hideout

Those on Nar Shaddaa didn't know what loomed over them. They didn't know that the pirates were about to commit treason.

Weeks later Dash Rendar entered the room and grinned widely. "The basic training is finished, Commander. We're ready to strike."
Nomi looked up from her datapad. "Finally," she said. "Now we can leave Nar Shaddaa and travel to our hideout near the Unknown Regions. Inform our people, Dash. I'll send them the coordinates."
Rendar bend over and gave his wife a kiss. "Where will we go to?"
The Jedi handed him the datapad and Dash whistled silently seeing the coordinates. "An asteroid?" He asked handing the datapad back. Nomi nodded her head. "Nobody will assume that there are Resistance fighters in hiding. It's a safe place, darling."
"And we are near their supply routes. That I call a smart move." The former mercenary smiled pulling out his comlink to call the members of the still small Resistance cell.

It didn't take longuntil everything was packed and the space ships were ascending in orbit. Nomifed the coordinates to the respective nav computers when they assembled at thejump point. "It will be a long trip since we'll make several micro jumps," theother pilots were hearing their commander's voice. One by one they confirmedthat they received the coordinates. Nomi smiled when she received the lastconfirmation call.
Then she called the assembled ships again. "Jump on my command, 3...2...1."
They were on their way to the hideout shortly after.

Corran leaned back in the copilot's seat after they made the first jump. "It'sgood to finally take action." Biggs nodded his head, unstrapped and walked tothe bunk to take a nap. His father who was sitting in the pilot's seat lookedafter him. "Your brother is still not this talkative." His youngest sonchuckled. "But he is a fierce fighter, father," his youngest son said. Then hestood up and took a canteen out of a drawer. He holds it out to Dash. "Do youwant a drink?"
The elder Rendar looked at the canteen in his son's hand. "As long as it isbooze," Dash said.
Corran nodded and handed the canteen over after he took a drink. "Jet Sprit,father it's right what we need now."
Dash Rendar nodded and took a drink as well, savoring the flavor of the stiffdrink. The alarm indicating that they were about to drop out of hyperspace wentoff and Dash pulled the lever. The Outriderentered real space and one by one the other space vessels did as well. Only ablink of an eye and they were entering hyperspace again as it was programmed intheir nav computers.
"I don't like this," the Galactic Civil War veteran said. "It reminds me toomuch of old times." He took another drink before handing the canteen back tohis son.
"You and mama never told much about the war you were fighting in," his son saidafter taking a drink.
Dash Rendar put his feet on the console and closed his eyes for a moment. "Mostof us who were in this damn war are trying to forget, Corran. We've seen andendured too much. Some of us have still nightmares. There isn't any gloriousabout war."
His son nodded thoughtfully. "And now you and mama are forced to fight again."He took another drink emptying the canteen.
"It was our choice to fight again. We can't stand that everything we werefighting for gets lost," his father answered.
"I understand, father." Then Corran settled down and stared out of the viewportat the streaks of hyperspace dwelling on thoughts while his father was taking anap.

Meanwhile Kyle Katarn was sitting in the cockpit of the Moldy Crow. Knowing that he would fight again, the memories cameback. How Jan, his late wife flew once the ship saving more than one time hisbutt. Her laughter when they accomplished their mission and her kisses. Since yearshe was used to fly alone, but today he missed Jan badly. He was flying in theunknown. Sure he trusted the commander, the woman who saved his life decades agoback on a planet in the Romegan system. But there was something telling himthat they not really knew what they were up against. Perhaps it was the Forceor only his guts telling him this. Katarn sighed, unstrapped and walked over tothe small galley to fetch something to eat. There wasn't much but enough for asmall breakfast. He sat down at the table in the midsection and begun to eat.It wouldn't take long until they would reach their new hideout. The Jedi downedthe bite he just took with some caf. He never thought that he would fightagain, but he was sure that it was the same way for the most of those whofollowed the commander. Nobody with a clear mind was eager to fight and to risktheir life, but the First Order and its actions didn't leave them any otherchoice. The galaxy deserved to be safe and at peace. He finished his meal andwalked over to the bunk to take a nap until the alarm would went off signalingthat he has reached his destination.

Onboard the Trader's Luck Jaden andTasherit were sitting at the Dejarik table playing a game to kill time. It wasalways boring in hyperspace and there was nothing else to do.
"You are cheating, Jaden," Tasherit said when her figure was destroyed out ofthe blue by one of Jaden's figures.
The young man smiled widely and leaned back on the bench. "It was a fair moveand allowed by the rules. You shouldn't be distracted when playing with me,sweetheart. A credit for your thoughts, Tash."
Tasherit Rendar looked at him. "I think about where we're flying, Jaden. Itwill be a lot of work to make the asteroid habitable."
The young Katarn nodded thoughtfully. "I think your mother knows what she'sdoing."
"I hope so," she said while making the next move. This time it was Jaden'sfigure which lost. Tash continued to speak: "It's the first time she will builda base of her own."
"We all will help together that it will work, darling." Jaden frowned when hesaw his figure lying dead on the board. "Damn, how could this happen?"
"You shouldn't be distracted when playing with me, sweetheart," Tash repeatedwhat Jaden has said moments before with an ironic undertone. "We should catchsome sleep before we reach our destination." She deactivated the Dejarik tableand stood up.
Jaden stood also up and took her hand. "Yes, I think you are right," he said andtogether they walked over to the bunk.

Nomi sat in the pilot's seat and tried to find some sleep, while Dash Jr. weresleeping soundly already in the copilot's seat. She looked out the viewportwhere nothing else was to be seen than the streaks of hyperspace. The JediMaster tried to relax but there was something that bothered her. It would bethe first time she would lead people on a larger scale than just only an X-wingsquad or a commando unit. Will she be able to do this? The people trust her butwill she be a good leader for them? But now wasn't the time for self-doubts.She turned her head and looked at her sleeping eldest hoping that this would bethe last war they were forced to fight in. Then she closed her eyes andeventually fell asleep.