Chapter 43 - Lightsaber Practice

After the skirmish with the First Order at Kuat some time had passed.

Nomi wanted to start with her sons to the clearing in order to train with the lightsabers, when Poe Dameron approached them excitedly. "We finally know where BB-8 is. It was spotted on Takodana. The General flies there personally. I think we Blues should be in on it. There are certainly also spies of the First Order. Once our informant saw BB-8, then them too. We'll leave tomorrow at 0800."

He looked questioningly at Nomi and her sons. "Are you on the way to your lightsaber training?"
Corran nodded.
"May I watch you? Since my childhood I've been fascinated by the Jedi."
Nomi looked quizzically at her sons.
"Of course you can come and watch, Poe," answered Dash Jr.

Together they went to the forest clearing, which was already shrouded in total darkness.
The commander sat down under a tree while Nomi and her sons retrieved the lightsabers from their satchels and backpacks. Together, the Jedi sat down on the ground and began to meditation. All four were breathing calmly and evenly, with closed eyes. The deep peace emanated from the Jedi was almost palpable. Nomi smiled and suddenly her sons jumped up and ignited their lightsabers as if there had been a for Poe inaudible command.
Calm and powerful, the young men went through the various phases of lightsaber combat.
The clearing was now dimly lit by the glow of the lightsaber blades. Poe Dameron watched, fascinated, when the mother of the triplets also jumped up and quickly activated her lightsaber.
With a hiss, the green blade arose from the hilt which the Jedi held firmly in her hands. She, too, went through the various phases of lightsaber combat. Unlike her sons she kept her eyes closed. Her chest lifted and lowered evenly, while she calmly breathed. You could almost think she was still meditating. Dameron followed each of her movements and he held his breath when she suddenly attacked her eldest son. Dash Jr. parried his mother's attack with ease and Nomi deactivated her lightsaber. Satisfied, the Jedi looked up at her tall son and smiled. "You see, Dash, your right arm reacts better and better."
Her son nodded and ran his left hand over the prosthesis. "Yes, Mama, and it no longer feels so strange. I slowly get used to it."

In the meantime his younger brothers continued with their exercises. Corran wielded his double-bladed lightsaber at such a high speed that only a yellow blur could be seen from the blades.
Biggs kept a respectful distance to his brother, who was completely absorbed in his exercises.
The second born of the triplets deactivated his green lightsaber and joined his mother and his older brother. Together, they watched how Corran handled the double-bladed lightsaber. He was the most gifted fighter among the brothers and Nomi was happy that he slowly found himself again after losing Sheila. The Force flowed calmly between her son and his weapon.
Then he also deactivated his lightsaber and went to his mother and his brothers. The clearing was again shrouded in complete darkness.
Poe Dameron activated a glow rod and went to the small group. "Thank you for letting me watch. But now we should go into our quarters and sleep, so that we are fit for the flight to Takodana tomorrow."

The next morning at 0800, all pilots of Blue Squadron gathered on the base's landing pad.
Poe Dameron gave them final instructions before they set off for Takodana together with the General's transport ship.