Something To Live For

Dally's POV

I'm pretty sure that Soda is trying to avoid me. He might be scared that I'll wanna hurt him or make him feel worse.

I hope Two-bit talks to him, makes him want to talk to me.

He owes to me after what he did. I was half mad and half sad when he told me.

I would say heartbroken but....The truth is that I didn't fully give my heart to Soda because I was afraid something like this would happen.

It's kinda messed up but in the end it was a good call. Although, I do want to be with Soda in the future.

I hope that I'll be able to trust him enough to not break my heart.

I heard Two-bit yell, "Soda! How was work?!" Then I got a weird feeling in my stomach.

I'm gonna have to talk to Soda about what happened, and I gotta let him know how I feel.

I stood up and went to the bathroom. When I went in I closed the door and looked in the mirror.

I don't look at myself often, but I didn't look too bad.

I splashed some water in my face and thought about what I wanted to say to Soda.

The thought of being able to hold and kiss him made me grin. I know that he feels awful for what he did, I think he should feel a little guilty.

But I don't want him to think that he can't love someone without it ending terribly.

I know what that bitch Sandy did to him made him depressed, and I don't ever want him to feel like that again....even if it is his fault.

Soda's POV

I felt really anxious when Two-bit told me that Dally wanted to talk to me.

I guess I don't really have a choice to talk to Dally, I just don't know if I'm ready to talk to him.

I felt sweat form on my forehead and I immediately wiped it off.

I looked at Two-bit and said, "Where is he?" Then Two-bit shrugged and said, "He should be around here somewhere."

I was really tired and kind of wished that I could talk to Dally tomorrow, but I guess it'd be better to get it over with.

I don't expect him to forgive me for what I did, but I still need to hear him out. I can at least do that for him.

A shower would probably be nice right now. I headed to the bathroom and knocked on the door in case someone was using it.

Then the door opened and I saw Dally standing there with a blank stare. My heart started racing as I tried to speak.

He stepped closer to me and said in a low voice, "Can I talk to you in private?"

I shuddered at his chilling tone, I simply nodded my head even though I had a bad feeling that he was gonna beat me up or something.

He grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me into the bathroom with him. He closed and locked the door, now I was really nervous.

Then he turned to me and looked into my eyes, "Have you talked to Two-bit?" He asks, I nod and he leans against the door.

I sit on the tub and he just looks at me for a second, I break the silence by saying, "Look, I just want you to know that even if you hate me for what I did that I'm sorry. I've been through a heartbreak before, so have you, and I'm sorry if I put you in a dark place again."

He shook his head and said, "No, you're different than Sylvia. You didn't try to manipulate me or lie to my face, you just fucked up and kissed someone."

He stood up straight and continued, "I have a confession. It might hurt but I want you to hear me out."

"I never fully gave you my heart cause I was afraid I'd get my heart broken again."

That kind of hurt my feelings, but it was understandable. I wish I could make him trust me.

Dally could see my face become sad when he said this, and he walked over to me and held my face, "You loved me, right?" He asked, I nodded.

"I loved you like a brother, but I want to love you like a soulmate. Soda, you complete me. And when I was with Johnny I was only using him to fill a void I had."

"Of course I loved him, but with you it's different. I don't feel like you need me sometimes, but I want you to."

I felt a tears roll down my cheeks, it was such a relief to hear him say this.

Dally wiped away my tears and said, "Don't cry, I still want you to be my soulmate. I just want you to promise me something."

I nodded and said, "Yeah, of course." He smiled and said, "Don't ever make me regret giving you my heart." I nodded and said, "Dally, I promise. I won't let you down."

He smiled and leaned forward, his lips touched mine and it sent chills down my spine, but in a good way.

I held onto his taste and loved every second of this kiss.

He pulled away leaving me wanting more.

"I love you, Dally"

"I...I love you too. For real this time."

We both smiled and he stood up and said, "What are you about to do?"

I stood up too and said, "Take a shower."

He gave me a sly smile and said, "Want me to join you?"

My heart started racing when he said this, "I...Well..I-I..." He smiled and put a hand on my head, "Don't worry, we don't have to, I won't pressure you."

I exhaled in relief, "Thanks, I don't think I'm ready." He kissed my cheek and turned to leave, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

He closed the door behind him and I looked down at the floor, I wanted to scream with excitement and happiness.

I thought my life was over, but now it feels like it just began.

I'm gonna do whatever it takes to show Dally that he can trust me.

I won't let him down.