Revelations

Steve's POV

I looked at Ponyboy's face as he smiled at me. I loved seeing his smile because it wasn't something I got to see very often.

I moved the hair out of his face and caressed his cheek with my thumb.

He was still panting from running and even like this he looked so damn beautiful.

I put my other hand behind his neck and gently pushed his face towards mine.

Our lips met each other with no hesitation, as we went at each other like hungry animals.

He tasted like candy and his lips were so soft.

He moaned softly as I pulled away from the kiss. His watery eyes met mine as I tilted his head upward, "You don't have to do this if you don't want to. I've wanted this for awhile but if you don't-"

He cut me off by putting his hands over my mouth, "I'm not a little kid, I know what I want and what I don't, now...just..shut up and kiss me!"

My eyes widened at his comment and I did as I was told. I slipped my tongue into his mouth and he moaned instantly.

I pulled away for a second to look at his face, I wished I had noticed how beautiful he was years ago.

I started sucking on his neck and slowly licked my way back to his mouth where I left many short kisses on his plump lips before I french kissed him.

He moaned softly the whole time and I could feel his face heat up when I slipped my hand up his shirt.

He grabbed my hand and broke away from the kiss, "Not ready...for that...yet." He said breathlessly.

I nodded and kissed him on the forehead.

I sat back and put my seatbelt on. After he fixed his shirt and caught his breath he did the same.

I started driving and went slowly so that I could process what just happened.

I feel relieved that Ponyboy feels the same way I do, I just don't know where to go from here.

I don't know how Soda and Darry will feel. Maybe we won't have to tell them about this.

I hope he wants to keep this up, whatever we have.

I looked at him through the rear view mirror and saw him looking through his window that was rolled down a little bit.

The wind made his hair flow back like he was flying. I wish this kid wasn't so damn cute.

I looked back at the road and kept one hand on the wheel and looked for a cigarette in the cup holder with the other.

Instead of a cigarette I felt a hand intertwine with mine.

I looked over at him and he was still facing the window.

I smirked and squeezed his hand tightly and kissed it.

"You're sweet, ya know that?" I asked him, he giggled and said, "I know, I've been told.

I held his hand and drove for about 10 minutes when Ponyboy sighed heavily.

"Are we almost home? I wanna lay in my bed after all that running." He whined as he let go of my hand and reclined his seat back as far as it would go.

I smirked and shook my head.

"Aren't you a track star at your school? You should be used to running long distances by now."

He sat up and looked at me with an offended look, "Hey! I haven't been school for like 3 and a half months now...my body has to get used to it again."

"Alright, fair point."

He lied back down and started humming a tune. I think I recognize it from my childhood, some elementary school chant me and Soda used to do.

I listened to him hum and after a while I started to forget where I was going.

All of a sudden I pull into my driveway and turn off my car.

Ponyboy looks up and gives me a confused look, "Isn't this your house?" I nod, "Yeah, I guess I forgot where I was going.

I took off my seatbelt and turned to meet his gaze, "What song was that?" He gave me a puzzled look and started to hum the tune again, "hmm hm hm  hmmm, not sure. I think my first grade teacher used to sing it to us though."

I nodded and tried my hardest to remember the tune as I heard the front door of my house swing open.

"Is that you boy?!" My dad's raspy and cleary drunk voice yelled.

Pony jumped when he heard his voice, I opened my door and said to him in a hushed voice, "Stay in here, I'll just grab something and come back real quick."

He nodded and I closed the car door to head towards my house.

"Who the fuck is that in your car?!" My dad yelled in my face as I tried to get around him to open the door, "A friend, now could ya move so I can get in?"

He pushed me back and made me face him, "You gettin smart with me boy?! I know ya remember what happened the last time ya tried steppin up to me." He chuckled and put his hand on my shoulder, "Hurry yer ass up, and ya better not touch any of my beers."

I pushed his hand off of me and walked inside.

I went straight for my room and grabbed some cash, extra clothes and some rubbers.

I walked into the living room and saw a girl asleep on the couch, I shook my head and walked out the door.

My dad was looking into my car and smoking, when he heard me he turned around.

"Goin somewhere?"

I walked past him but he grabbed the bag of stuff that was in my hands, "Don't disrespect me boy, I asked you a question."

I yanked the bag out of his hands and walked towards my car.

He put his hands on my shoulders and when I turned around he slugged me across my jaw.

I staggered back and looked at him with pure rage. I kicked him in the shin and headbutted him.

He fell on the porch with a loud thud.

He groaned in pain and I stood over him.

He looked up at me and tried his best to form a sentence, "You...can't..you little....fuck....bastard!"

I put my foot on his chest and put some weight on it, he squirmed underneath me.

I heard the car door open and felt Ponyboy put his arms around my waist and pull me back a little bit, "Steve, come on! It's not worth it!"

I glared at my piece of shit dad and spat next to him.

I walked Ponyboy to the car and shut the door behind him.

I got in and drove away as fast as I could.

The car ride was silent until we got to Pony's house.

I looked at him and he looked worried.

"I'm sorry you had to see that. He's always been a drunk and treated me like shit."

He put his hand on my shoulder and weakly smiled at me, "Don't apologize. I'm sorry you had to deal with that your whole life."

I caressed his cheek and said, "Let's get inside."

Sorry it took me so long to update, I forgot how much I missed this story!

Oh yeah, thanks for 3k reads!!!❤