Reinforced Love

(1 week later)

Soda's POV

After everything that has happened between me and Dally recently I've been slipping up and calling him my boyfriend to Steve and Two-bit.

Even though it'll probably never be official we still love each other like crazy and have never been closer.

Since Two-bit felt bad for bailing on Ponyboy the other day he decided to take him to the drive in and Steve went with them.

Darry was taking a nap in his room so me and Dally had a chance to be alone.

"The hell is this movie?" Dally asked with a scrunched face, I looked up and saw a bunch of birds were attacking a woman on the screen, "I think that's The Birds, that Alfred Hitchcock movie."

"Oh, I guess that should've been obvious. What's even the point of this movie?"

I shrugged, "I couldn't tell you, but it gives me the creeps."

Dally looked around, "Hey, why don't you come watch the movie on my lap, ya know, in case you get scared?"

I sighed and said, "We have to be careful, Dal."

He frowned and looked away at this. What a baby. I rolled my eyes and got up to walk towards Dally before I got comfortable in his lap and he wrapped his hands around my waist.

"You're such a badass." He whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek. "Yeah, yeah." I said before focusing back on the movie.

We watched in an anticipation as the character Mitch brought the lovebirds to the car and got inside.

As the car started the camera zoomed out and gave a chilling visual of birds covering the entire town.

"Kinda reminds me of Socs." I remarked, "Whaddya mean?" Dally asked.

"The birds, they attack those people relentlessly in groups until they leave the town."

Dally smirked, "I thought you would say because they're chickens." I cracked up and nodded, "That too."

"Alright, we probably have 30 minutes before Darry wakes up so you wanna get nasty?"

I got up from his lap and walked towards my bedroom, "I just started walking properly and you're already trying to disable me again."

He laughed at my semi-serious comment and said, "You took it like a trooper though, best lay I've ever had."

I turned red at his comment and turned around, "Really?"

He caught my embarrassed expression and said, "Oh, absolutely. The way you whimpered and called out my name, and your smooth skin sliding against mine, god you drive me crazy, Soda."

Even though Dally's words were crude they sounded like they were being read from a love novel and it made me forget the pain I felt afterwards and only think about the amazing feeling of being connected to him physically and emotionally on such a close level.

"I'm glad I got over my fears, I'll never forget that night, Dally."

He stood up and walked over to me, "Me too, I knew you'd come around." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug, "I love you, Soda."

"I love you too, Dal." I enjoyed his tight embrace for as long as he would let me, he doesn't hug often.

After a while he pulled away and looked me in the eyes for a moment before pushing his lips towards mine and kissing me passionately.

Between kisses we moved towards my room and I opened the door to let us in.

We both lied down and got comfortable on the bed before sharing a few more sweet kisses."

I think we got a little carried away because when we broke for air we were panting.

Dally looked like his gears were turning and he finally sat up and said.

"Let's make this our anniversary."

"Our what?" I felt my heart start to beat fast.

"You heard me, let's make today our anniversary. It'll be the day we made it official."

Then I sat up and felt myself getting emotional, "Soda, would you make me the happiest Greaser in the world and agree to be my boyfriend?"

I knew it what was coming but I couldn't stop the tears from running down my face, "Dally, are you serious?"

"Yes, I love you and want you to be mine. Please don't cry." Dally wiped the tears off my cheeks and looked me in the eyes, "Can I have an answer?"

"Of course I'll be your boyfriend." The feeling I had after saying those words were unlike anything I have ever felt before. It felt like I was floating on these happy emotions.

"I didn't think you would ever ask me, I just thought we would be friends with benefits."

"I didn't either but I know that's what I want now. We don't have to announce it to the guys but I can't pretend like I don't love being around you."

I was so overwhelmed with emotions that I didn't even think about the guys. What am I gonna do?

We can't keep hiding our relationship, and now that we're officially dating I think it's only gonna be more difficult to keep it a secret.

"I'm sorry I'm scared to tell Darry and Pony, it's not that I would be ashamed or embarrassed but I don't want them to change their view on me."

Dally held my hands and looked me in the eyes and said, "I'm not gonna pressure you to say anything, you'll tell them when you're ready and I'll be right there beside you no matter what they say."

I shook my head, "I don't deserve your loyalty and I'll never not be sorry for breaking your trust, but I want you to know that I would never do anything to jeopardize our relationship ever again. I promise you."

I felt a tear form in the corner of my eye but I didn't want to cry so I kissed him instead.

He smiled into the kiss and when we pulled apart he said, "I know, and I trust you. So...do you wanna go to my place?"

I smiled and nodded, "I would say let's do it here but I'm not gonna do anything on the bed I share with Pony."

He nodded, "Understandable." Then we gathered our things and I wrote a note for Darry whenever he woke up to let him know I would be away.

Tonight me and Dally are going to celebrate our first night as a couple.

Steve's POV

Tonight, me, Two-bit, and Ponyboy are headed to see a movie at drive in.

Two-bit decided to take Pony since he bailed on him for some how and he insisted I come with them.

I was annoyed at him since he's sorta the reason Ponyboy almost got jumped that day but I decided to let it go.

"So what do you want to see?" Two-bit asked Pony, "Just not a cheesy horror movie."

He nudged Pony on his side, "Don't want a repeat of the milkman fiasco, eh?"

"Shut up, that was a scary movie." Pony said crossing his arms. "What say you, Stevie?"

"Don't call me Stevie, Keith. And I don't care what we watch."

I saw Ponyboy looking at a poster for a historical romance movie that looked similar to one of the books he read me.

"What about that movie?" He asked pointing at the poster, "Sounds good to me."

"Alright, it's settled." Two-bit claimed before pulling out some money, "You guys go ahead and get the tickets, I see somebody I know."

"Do I know them too?" Pony asked excitedly, "Uh..no." then he speed walked away.

"Probably some piece of ass he's entertaining."

He shrugged and said with excitement, "Oh well, let's go get the tickets."