A rescue mission

Thunder reverberated a few times as the sky darkened even more. The air around was cool and the weather perfect for a ceraunophile. The lair was quiet, but the atmosphere in the living room was everything but serene.

"Is he still asleep?" Silver asked, looking at clock which showed 3 p.m.

"Yes" Alandria answered.

They were all reunited in the living room, waiting for Zayden to be fully conscious again. After Zayden opened his eyes, he was able to mutter Alandria's name a few times before passing out again.

"We need to tell him" Lane said with a sad eyes.

They all knew about Dom and Pit kidnapping Mr. Connors by now as Alandria made it a point to inform everybody.

"After what he has done due to some unknown stress...I don't think we should" Alandria concluded.

"Then what?" Lane asked.

"We do this on our own"

"I hope you don't mean you along with us" Danny squinted at Alandria, "Zayden would tear our limbs apart if something happens to you."

"On that particular topic, I sure cannot disagree" Alex lifted his hands.

"What? Oh but I have been with you for such a long time guys! You cannot count me out! It's not fair!"

"It is fair" Mark spoke confidently, "One of the reasons as to why the boss agreed to let you stay here with us is because we have all promised to keep you safe. It is our responsibility to make sure that nothing happens to you."

"That's very kind of you Mark" Alandria began , "But I believe that I can make a choice. You cannot tell me what I can do just because Zayden told you."

"Uh...we can...especially because we sort of work for him." Danny contradicted as politely as he could.

"I know what you mean. But look! I don't want you all to get in trouble. So here's what we must do. Some of you will go and if ever there is trouble then the second team, which I will be part of,  will join. Ok?"

Alandria looked at them all carefully, hoping that they would agree.

"The second team moves in, but you are not part of it..." Mark started.

"But...."

"Or at least you will be our ears...someone will have to stay because of Zayden and we'll need someone to communicate with when we are inside. Someone who can warn us if someone is coming from outside." Mark finished.

Alandria thought for a while. This was perhaps for the best. It was true that she would be more helpful here. After all, she was not trained like these guys. She could even be a hindrance if she went with them. She would be more helpful to them if she stayed here.

"Ok you are right Mark, I'll stay"

The decision was made. Alandria, Fernando, Lane, Silver were to stay behind while Danny, Mark, Nayum, Alex, Kel started suiting up for their rescue mission.

"Good luck." Alandria smiled at them.

"Thanks!" the boys said back and went outside.

In the mean time, Alandria, Fernando, Lane and Silver sat in the living room with two laptops in front of them. They could have a view of the old building where Mr. Connors was being detained thanks to Lane who displaced the lair cameras. Alandria and Fernando also had ear pieces to communicate with the others.

"Coast is clear" Fernando whispered, "You can move right in guys. Go!"

"Roger" Mark's voice resounded. He was in charge of this operation.