In charge

The black jeep of Mark and Alandria came to a halt in front of the lair. Another jeep was already there; this meant that Ken and Kelsie were back from the hospital. As soon as she entered the lair lobby, she ran upstairs, Zayden's medicines in her hand. 

She barged into the bedroom of Zayden.

Silver, Alex and the others were looking at her with a bemused expression as she walked to Zayden's bed.

"Are you alright Alandria?" Silver asked, ".....I..."

"Does she look fine Silver?" Alex retorted, "Come on. We need to get your wounds clean up."

"Thank you both" Alandria said, "But Zayden is more important now. These are just bruises."

Hopefully, Zayden was only half asleep and they could easily made him swallow the pills with some water. Alandria wiped his mouth with a cloth as some liquid escaped his dry lips and watched him in anticipation.

"He needs to rest now" Mark whispered as he put a hand on her shoulder, "Come on, let's all go out."

"Shouldn't someone stay here and watch over him in case he becomes mental again?" Silver suggested and Alex chuckled.

"No." Nayum said, "He is fine. Let's go."

They all left and closed the door gently so as not wake Zayden up. He needed all the rest he could get.

They were all assembled in the living room, the King chair of Zayden empty.

"How's Fernando?"  Danny asked.

He had not been saying much since Zayden's attack. He was probably in shock after everything that had happened.

"He's...in good hands." Ken replied, "The doctor is doing everything he can to save him. He is badly hurt. Internal organs affected...and...I don't know...some other complications..."

"He is strong. He will be fine soon." Kel inserted, "He's always been strong."

"Poor thing, he always dreaded the sight of bombs and this is what got him in the end" Alex said, looking at his shoes.

"Don't say in the end  like he's dying!" Silver scolded.

"I'm not saying it like that! Sorry..."

"Anyway, we should all be hopeful" Lane decided, "We need to visit him everyday. Not all of us at the same time of course. He needs to feel that we are with him."

"Yes!" Silver agreed, "We could bring him a chocolate cake! That would make him happy! Right Alandria?"

Alandria watched them with a small smile and nodded:

"If the doctors allow it."

"And about the boss?" Danny asked making everybody change their facial expression.

Alandria sighed. Zayden needed rest as well. He would not be able to come down to eat. She decided that she would cook and take care of him. Besides, the boys were here. They would help.

"We will have to take care of him" Alandria said, looking at them all.

"No...I don't mean that..." Danny looked a bit uncomfortable, "The business. I mean someone will have to be in charge until he can work again."

Ohhh, they were talking about their mafia stuff!, Alandria thought with big eyes.

"I'm taking care of the customers" Mark added, "I cannot be in a leading position."

"But you're the boss' right hand!" Alex cried.

"Dude, do you have any idea how many weapons, guns are waiting to be delivered!? These guys already paid and if we don't deliver in time, be sure to have another gang after us!" Mark said as he stood up.