A dip in the deep

Alandria had trouble believing who stood behind her. Zayden was perfectly fine. It was as if nothing had happened to him. How was this possible? He was dying a few minutes ago! He needed help. Now...he is just perfectly alright. As if someone had recharged his batteries or something.

"Hey...why don't you answer me?" he asked in a raspy voice.

Why the hell was he acting in a romantic way? They weren't a couple. Also, what was she waiting for to push his arms away? Alandria kept her eyes locked in Zayden's. What was he up to now?

"What?" he asked.

"Just...let go...will you?"

He obeyed her, but he was still smiling. Alandria on the other hand was not. She looked perturbed and she knew it. The whole situation was confusing. How can he transform into a perfectly healthy human being in such a short lapse of time?

"You don't look too happy to see me standing..."

"It's not that" Alandria said, "I was so worried about you Zayden. I thought you were going to....I just could not understand what to do. Tell me Zayden! What is it? Why do you get so sick?"

"I saw you crying" Zayden began in low tone as he approached her.

The next moment he wrapped his arms around her and buried her into a tight hug.

"No one...has ever cared for me like this. I did not know I was so special for you. I didn't deserve your tears Alandria and yet...you were crying so much for me." Zayden whispered, "I really am thankful for your care. Thank you."

"Well..." Alandria tried to pull out of the hug, "Don't mention it..."

"Or..." Zayden said in seductive voice as she tightened his  strong arms around her, "Could it be? That you've started having feelings for me?"

At this, Alandria's eyes grew wide and her heart started beating faster. Zayden was too close...and this conversation was making her feel strange...and yet...it made her heart flutter. What the heck was happening to her? Could it be? Did she really have feelings for him?

"I don't have feelings for you....YOU seem to have feelings for me...who wraps their hands around someone like this? And...who kisses...people like this without a reason..." the words left her mouth before she had the time to think.

*Hehehehe....sorry I was off duty....* she felt her brain say.

*Grrr...* Alandria thought back.

"Oh....you think I like you in that way?" Zayden teased, approaching his lips to her ears before chuckling softly.

*I have officially retired.* she felt her brains say.

Alandria felt like she was in some sort of trance. What the hell? The strength were leaving her feet.

"Wh...what...." she muttered.

Zayden was finding the whole situation very amusing. He brushed his fingers against her jawline and let them rest there.

"You might be right..." he finished in a soft tone as he placed a sweet kiss her on her cheek.

Ding Dong!

"Huh....postman! No...I mean pharmacy man...I mean...guy...." Alandria stammered, her whole face eradicating heat.

She pushed him away and ran to the door, her heart running a marathon. She opened the door and thanked the guy. Hopefully she still had Zayden's credit card and gave it to the guy who swiped it through his POS and gave it back to her. There was nothing wrong in using Zayden's card...it was his medicines after all.

She was handed the bag of medicines and went directly to the kitchen with it. Zayden was leaning against the table, looking at her with suspicious eyes.

"What is that? Who was it?" he asked in an authoritative voice.

Strangely enough, Alandria could feel a storm coming and its name was Zayden Connors.

"I called nurse Nia with your phone when you passed out. She told me to get these medicines for you. According to her, the medicines that you take are dangerous for you. You have to take these instead..."

"You called a pharmacy and ordered medicine?" Zayden asked with crossed eyebrows.

He was now approaching her menacingly.

"Well...yeah....." Alandria answered innocently, backing off.

Zayden's face contorted and his jawline started being more prominent. He was clenching his teeth...out of fury.

"YOU IGNORANT, DUMB IDIOT!" he shouted and Alandria instantly went at the other side of the table.

"ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT? WHAT THE HECK MAN! WHAT THE HELL! YOU ARE SO FREAKING DUMB! LIKE SERIOUSLY ALANDRIA? WHAT THE..."

He left the room in anger and Alandria stood still in shock. What had she done now?

She reluctantly went after him and he suddenly turned around in the doorway to face her. The romantic Zayden was gone.

"I BROUGHT US HERE SO THAT NOBODY DISCOVERS US AND MISS NURSE HERE STARTS ORDERING STUFF AND AS A RESULT MAKING OUR HIDING PLACE KNOWN! ARE YOU DUMB ALANDRIA?"

"I...was...only getting medicines for you..." Alandria squeaked, her heart heavy.

"I NEVER ASKED YOU FOR MEDICINES YOU LUNATIC! NOW I KNOW WHY YOU NEVER HAD ANY FRIENDS AT SCHOOL! YOU'RE SO STUPID! YOU'RE SUCH A FOOL! YOU REALLY ARE..."

Alandria could not hear it anymore. She ran past him and opened the front door. She then stormed towards the lake, her heart torn into pieces and the tears running down her cheeks. Zayden had no heart! How could he insult her in such a manner? She was only trying to help him...she was only trying to cure him...and what did she get in return? Insults.

She was so upset that she was not even thinking of her destination. She walked next to the lake, wiping her tears and crying at the same time. Zayden was a horrible human being. He was just like Aunt Ninana! She would praise her in front of teachers and then insult her when she felt like it. She was walking so quickly and the tears had blurred her vision so much that she did not see a hole in front of her and stepped right in it. The hole was small enough for her foot, but she lost control and panicked so much that she fell on her right, into the lake with a loud splash.

"ALANDRIA!" Zayden yelled from the window as he sprinted towards the lake.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7....8...9...10...11....12...13...seconds went by and Alandria did not come out.

Zayden's lips quivered in anxiety and he combed his hairs with his fingers in fear.

"Alandria! Alandria!"

Before knowing it, he had removed his shirt and had thrown himself in the water. He had to save her.

Author Note: Sorry for not updating yesterday! I hope you like the story. Please vote as it helps my story a lot! Feel free to comment as well!