Alter ego

The door suddenly slammed open and they all jumped. Who dared to ruin such a hearwarming chocolate cake eating moment? No one had the right to do that!

"Oh come on! What  is...." Silver began, "Oh shit...it's the boss..."

They all immediately let their spoon rest in the plate, eyes on the corridor. Alandria, however, had a spoonful of cake in her mouth.

Silver was wrong. It was not Zayden, but droopy-eyes and bugs bunny.

"Hey!" Lane called, standing up, "Where's the boss?"

"He's coming" droopy eyes stated, "What's going on here?"

"Nothing, just eating" Kel replied, "Did you find him them? Mr. Connors?"

"No" bugs bunny replied.

"Where's Zayden?" Alandria was curious, "I thought you were together."

"He is coming. I just told you" droopy eyes stated in a tone that Alandria did not like.

They all looked at the pair of boys quietly. Something was wrong...Alandria could sense it. She thought it best to question Zayden.

"I am having a bad feeling about this" Danny whispered so that only those at the table could hear.

"Well, you're not the only one" Alandria muttered, her eyes on the two boys standing in the corridor, talking among themselves.

"You think something happened to the boss?" Nayum asked.

"Wait, which boss are you talking about? The boss? Or Mr Connors...the big boss?"  Ken asked, looking doubtful.

"The boss, Zayden!" Nayum specified angrily.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY, I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO DISTURB ME! HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR!!!!!!!!!?"

That roar was enough to make every one at the table stand abruptly, eyes as big as saucers.

"The hell! What happened?!" Ken whispered in fear.

"Why don't you ask him?" Nayum said sarcastically.

"Shut your face!"

"Enough you two!" Alex said seriously, "Quiet."

Zayden walked in the hall with bloodshot eyes, hairs dishevelled and fists clenched. He gave one look at table then he stopped.

"Zayden..." Alandria whispered.

Zayden's eyes fixed themselves on her for a few seconds before he stormed away. He took the stairs, climbing three steps at a time. He was really furious!

Without thinking, Alandria pushed her chair away breathing:

"I'm going to check on him!"

"Alandria, don't!" Mark suddenly called, "He is angry!"

"Zayden would never be angry at me" Alandria replied quickly, running after him.

She ran on the stairs, hoping not to fall. Finally she arrived in the corridor when her room and that of Zayden were situated.

It was very quiet.

Only the sounds of birds chirping from a distance could be heard.

She paced to his door, her footsteps echoing.

"One, two, three" she mumbled then knocked on the door.

No answer.

She should have known.

Very cautiously, she turned the knob and entered the room, closing the door gently behind her.

Where was he? He was nowhere to be found. She was sure that he was in here!