Her home

Alandria opened the latch as quietly as she could. She was now in front of her house...well her aunt's house to be precise. She was 1 hour late, 1 freaking hour late! Her aunt would surely toast her...then throw her outside and then she would have nowhere to go....she was after all an orphan. Since the death of her parents, Alandria had been living with her aunt...her diabolic aunt to be precise. Emmeline, her 5 year old sister was also living with them. Her diablolic aunt, who was called Ninana always treated like crap, but hopefully she was not treating Emmeline like she treated her...Alandria would not have been able to bear it.

However, Emmeline knew how Alandria was treated and for that reason she preferred to stay away from her aunt as much as she could. When Emmeline would come back from preschool she would eat quickly in the kitchen then retire to the bedroom which she shared with her sister. Then she would wait for her sister to come while reading or drawing. She even accepted to skip cartoon shows so that she does not have to see her aunt's face in the living room.

Alandria knew she would be scolded. But perhaps Aunt Ninana did not know that she was late! Perhaps she could trick her! It was worth a try. The young girl discreetly walked in the yard then opened the main door carefully. As soon as she stepped inside she ran towards the stairs only to hear....

"YOU MONSTER! YOU CAME BACK LATE? WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU? YOUR PARENTS HAVE LEFT AND NOW I HAVE TO RAISE YOU YOU BLOODY...."

She could not hear the next word for a magazine hit her in the face the next instant. Aunt Nianana was doing her usual routine in the living room.; sitting on the couch and reading her magazine. The middle-aged woman walked towards her with a shoe in her hand. She looked like a monster about to swallow Alandria alive. She was a tall woman and Alandria was like a child in front of her. Her big blue eyes showed fury and her yellow teeth showed....that she needed to do some brushing....

"YOU RASCAL!" she shrieked as she started running after Alandria who, panic-stricken, ran up the stairs and flew to her room and shutting the door behind her.

She knew that Aunt Ninana wouldn't take the trouble of climbing the stairs just to hit her....she was too lazy for that.

"Alandria!!!!!" the little girl in the room cried in delight as her little feet ran towards Alandria at full speed.

Alandria hugged her tightly.

"My baby!!!" Alandria said soothingly, feeling the fear dissipate itself, "I missed you so much!"

Emmeline was a cute child. She had a round cheeky face, brown eyes and long brown hairs. She was clad in her giraffe jammies which doubled her cuteness.

"I missed you too!" Emmeline cried, breaking the hug, "Where were you? I have been waiting for you!"

"I am so sorry..." Alandria apologized as she picked her up in her arms, "I got...late..."

*Ohh Emmeline...if only you knew what happened to me....*

"Did you eat?" she asked her little sister.

"Yes...and you?"

"Yeah...yeah...I ate...." Alandria lied with a laugh.

Her stomach grumbled.

"Liar...." Emmeline said as she tilted her head, "You told me not to tell lies...you are lying..."

Alandria rested her on the bed and smiled. At least Emmeline was learning something good in this house.

"I saved this for you" she muttered in a cute voice and removed a piece of chocolate cake from her bag, "Aunty gave this to me when I came from school. She said we will have dinner late...and that there were only 2 pieces left. I ate one...and I kept this for you."

Alandria's eyes watered. This girl was an angel.

The little girl smiled and fed her a piece of cake with her tiny hand.

"Thank you..." Alandria whispered as she ate the cake, "You really are my sweet angel. I don't know what would have happened to me if you were not here sweetheart..."

Emmeline looked at her with huge eyes curiously then said:

"You wouldn't...have cake?"

"Hahaha!" Alandria giggled, "Yeah...yeah I wouldn't have cake if you were not here..."

*You are my home Emmeline...you are everything* Alandria thought as she brushed a strand of hair from Emmeline's face.

Her sister was a real blessing.

Author Note: Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote! I hope you enjoyed this chapter even if it is a bit shorter.