Chapter 18

Sofia's POV

I woke up on the sound of knocking on the front door. I looked at my watch to see it's 9 a.m. Who is knocking this early?

I lazily got up and went to open the door. I was shocked to see my parents standing on my doorway. Mom had apologetic look on her face and dad was looking mad.

I let them in and closed the door.
''How come you are here this early?''
''Go wash yourself. We need to talk.'' My dad said and sat down on the couch.
I nodded and hurried in the bathroom.

Suddenly I needed to puke. I washed myself and put my hair in a messy bun before going out. I sat on the armchair next to the couch where both of them were sitting.

''How did, for f***s sake, happen that you ended up being pregnant?'' His voice boomed through the apartment. My dad never cusses, only when he is very angry.

''I'm sorry, dad.''
''Did I not teach you well? Did I not provide you everything you needed? Huh, Sofia?'' I shook my head.
''No, that's not it. It just happened. I'm so sorry.'' I said.

He took shaky breath to calm himself down.
''What did you decide to do?''
''I'm going to give a birth, of course.''
''You better do that young lady.''
''Who is the father?''

He will find Michael and that's not going to end well for anybody. I can't tell him.

''You better answer me.'' He yelled again.
''I don't want to tell you if you are going to do something bad. He doesn't even know yet.''
''Fine. Like one secret was not enough.''
''I'm sorry.'' I said.

''I'm disappointed Sofia. I thought you can do better.'' He said lowly.
I couldn't control my tears anymore as they started falling down.
''I'm sorry.''

Mom came quickly to me and embraced me.
''Stop crying, honey. It's not good for a baby.'' She said caressing my hair.

''I can't believe you support her.'' My dad said to mom. She snapped her head towards his direction and tighten his grip on me.
''Of course I support her. She is my daughter. Don't act like she wanted this to happen because she didn't. I'm the one who is disappointed in you Edward. You should help your daughter in this situation but all you do is blame her.'' She snapped at him.

Mom is scary when she gets angry and that's really rarely. Tension in apartment was big after her talking. Dad's face seemed to hold regret now.

''I'm hurt Sofia. I would never expect this from you.'' He said.
''I know and I'm sorry for that.''
There was a short silence before he got up and pulled me in a hug.

''If you need my help, princess, always ask, okay?'' I nodded my head. He kissed my temple and pulled away.
''Thank you, dad.''

''Oh well. I guess I'm going to be a grandpa.'' He said in teasing way. I smile broke onto my face. Mom's face held amusement, but she was still acting angry.

I went in the kitchen to make them drinks while they were here. I took a tray and before going around the corner I heard them whispering something.

''Baby I'm sorry. Please don't be mad anymore.''
''I thought you would react different Edward. You should be grateful that she even told you.''
''I know that. But I didn't think straight when I said that. It was unexpected.''
''So what if it was unexpected? All of my pregnancies were unexpected too and you were happy about them.''
''Anna that's not the same.''
''Yes, it is. Life is life. And God created our kids for a reason just like the baby in Sofia. There is no difference.''
''You are right. You are always right.''
''I know that.''
''I love you baby.''
''I love you too.''
''I can't wait when we get home, I'll make a mess of you.''

And that was my cue to stop listening to my parents dirty conversation. I pretended to enter like I never heard anything.

We were chatting about and dad actually became excited about his grandchild. I guess babies really melt anyones heart.

I was touched with my mom's words. She is right. God created my baby for a reason and I'm going to take care of it. I just need to tell Michael about that.

My parents were leaving after few hours. My mom like always needs to leave her little speach before she leaves.

''Sofia, you know that you can't stress to much. Please be careful, my baby. I'm worried about you, okay? If something happens, call right away. We'll be here. And call me often or I'll call you.''
''Okay, mom. I'll be fine.''
''I love you, sweetie.'' She hugged me.
''I love you too, mom.''

I hugged my dad also.
''I love you, my princess. Be careful.''
''I love you too, dad. I promise I will.''

I waved them before they left hand in hand. I closed my door and left in my room. I'm happy that my dad is supportive. I couldn't wish for anything more.

Suddenly my phone buzzed indicating that I got a message. I unlocked my phone and saw that I got a message from Michael. My eyes watered when I saw the text.

Sofia baby, I wanted to tell you that I love you so much. But I'm sorry that I won't be with you anymore. I'm going to Germany for my work. I'm sorry that I'm telling you this over the message, but I know you don't want to see me. Just know that I love you.