Chapter 6

Michael's POV

I was surprised to see that girl in my clinic. I always keep things professional but with her I just couldn't. I found out her name is Sofia. She has really pretty name.

Today is her surgery, but before that I wanted to call my friend in police to see what's going on with the case.

I dialled his number and waited until he answered.
''Hi, George!''
''Hi, Michael! What's going on?''
''What's the progress of the case? Will she be charged?''
''About that...she won't get charged.''
''Wait what? She ran on the street causing Stephanie to die.'' I almost screamed on the phone.

''Michael, the girl was drugged. We are chasing the man who put the drug inside her drink. She isn't the one to blame.''
''But she still ran in front of the car.''
''Yes but unintentionally. She is innocent. You can't blame her, Michael.''

I sighed in defeat. He is actually right. I just wanted someone to blame and didn't think it will hurt other people.

''I understand George. Please inform me when you catch that man.''
''Sure, Michael. See you.''
''See you too.''

I hung down the phone and ploped in my chair. I still can't believe that I blamed her for everything. But I don't know if I want to apologize.

Suddenly I heard the knock on the door.
''Come in.'' I said.
''Sir the girl arrived.''
''Okay. Please prepare her for the surgery.''
She nodded and closed the door.

I prepared myself and washed my arms before entering the surgery room. She was lying down on the bed already sleeping from anesthesia.

Sofia's POV

I woke up in another room with a hospital gown on me. I didn't feel any pain on my boob so surgery went well obviously.

Door opened and nurse came inside smiling at me.
''Is everything okay?''
''Yes.''
''That's great. Do you feel any pain or dizziness?''
''No.'' I shook my head.
''Okay. Doctor will come to see you now.''
''Okay.''

I sighed as I began to feel nervous. I mean how couldn't I be nervous? He is the only one except my mom who have seen my boobs, twice.

I fidgeted with my fingers when door opened again. He was in white coat that looked so good on him. Wait, what am I talking about?

''Hi!'' I smiled but like always he returned it with a stern look.
''How do you feel?''
''Good.''
''Surgery went well. You can't wear bra until we remove the stitches. And be careful when you are taking shower.'' He explained short and clear.
''Okay. Thank you.''
''You can leave when you get rested.''
I nodded my head and watched him leave the room.

I think he is actually good, but hatred towards me is blocking him to be nice. I actually don't mind because it was my fault that he hates me.

I was lying down on the bed for awhile and decided that I should go home. I changed in my shirt and pants and put my sneakers on.

I got out of the room and payed the bill for the surgery to the nurse on the reception. I walked to my car and drove off to my apartment.

I was met with empty apartment just like I expected it to be. I went in my room and immediately went in the bathroom to check on the wound.

It wasn't big but it will leave small scar. I put the bandage on and changed my clothes. I'm happy that I removed this sooner or maybe it would get bigger.

I don't why but some questions popped up in my head. They are probably silly and I don't even know why I thought of them.

I was thinking about what he thought about my breasts. Did he think they were too big, because I know my boobs are not small. I think he heard my heart beating loudly when he touched them.

I was blushing by my own thoughts and I remebered he will always hate me no matter how good I am. I went few times on her grave and luckily he didn't show up. I felt peaceful when I was sitting there and talking to her. I felt like she forgave me.