Chapter 15

Sofia's POV

I packed my suitcase same afternoon and said bye to Chloe. She was sad that she won't see me, but she will be fine for few days.

''Call me when you arrive Sofia.'' She said waving me while I was entering the plane. I waved her back and smiled in assurance.

I sat next to the old couple which seemed to be really nice. They smiled at me when I got comfortable.

''Hello!'' I smiled to them.
''Hello dear! You are going to New York too?''
''Yes. I'm visiting my family.''
''How lovely! Me and my husband are going back home. We took a little vacation in Chicago.''
''That's nice! Did you like Chicago?''
''Oh yes, it's really nice.''
''By the way, my name is Sofia.''
''I'm Sarah and this is my husband Hunter.''
''Nice to meet you.'' Hunter said.
''Nice to meet you too.'' I smiled.

I didn't even notice that the plane already deported from the airport. It was really nice when you are up in the sky. It feels very carefree.

I started thinking about Michael. What is he doing now? I really miss him, but I can't go back with him.

I felt a soft tap on my arm and turned around to see Sarah looking at me.
''Is everything Sofia?''
''It will be.'' I said.
''I think going to New York just to visit your family is not only reason.''
''You're right. I wanted to escape from someone. Something happened and I can't endure it.'' I admitted.

''I think you are really strong person. You can run Sofia, but you can't escape.''
''I know and that's my biggest fear.''
She pulled me to her chest and started caressing my hair. I couldn't stop my tears.
''It will be fine. Everything will come to the place. I learned that from experiance. The love you have for him will pay off. Don't worry.'' She said.

I cried in her embrace and it really helped me. I needed right words of consultation. After awhile, I pulled away and wiped my tears.

''Thank you Sarah.'' I smiled to her.
''You are welcome, dear! Just remember that everything will come to its place.''
I nodded my head and leaned in my seat. I soon fell asleep while watching countless clouds passing.

Michael's POV

I rushed to Sofia's apartment after work. I again knocked few times and her friend Chloe opened the door.

''Where is Sofia?''
''She is not here.'' She answered plainly.
''So where is she then?''
''She went in New York.''
''What? When?''
''Two hours ago. She went to take a break in her family house.''

I sighed and rubbed my temples in circles. She really escaped, huh?

''Look, Michael. Sofia feels really guilty about everything. She wanted to go to her family to take a break from everything what happened.''
''Do you know for how long she will be there?''
''For a few days.''
''Thank you Chloe.'' I said and left.

I feel so angry and sad. I love her so much and she decided to go to New York just because she can't confort our situation. I will wait when she comes back and talk to her. She can't run away from me forever.

Sofia's POV

I woke up when I heard stewardess speaking. She announced that we arrived on the airport. I picked up my backpack and got out of the plane.

I said bye to Sarah and George before going to take my suitcase. After I took it, I called a cab. I waited for awhile before the driver came.

He dropped me off in front of my house. I took my suitcase amd payed the fare. I haven't been home for six months and the house was still the same.

I opened the door and removed my shoes.
''I'm home.'' I yelled when I heard someone's footsteps on the stairs.
''Sofia!'' Gabriella squealed and ran to me. I caught her when she jumped at me.
''I missed you Sofia.'' She said smiling.
''I missed you too Gabi.'' I kissed her cheek. Soon there were another pair of running footsteps.

I put down Gabi and lifted Liam.
''Hi little man.'' I smiled.
''I missed you big sis.'' He chuckled and kissed my cheek.
''Me too.''

''Where is mom and dad?'' I asked them.
''Mommy is in the kitchen and daddy is in the office.'' Liam answered.
''Okay.''

I put him down and he still clunged closer to me. I walked to the kitchenwhere I saw my mom with apron and her hair in a messy bun. She looked like a mess while cooking.

''Mom?'' I called her. She turned around and ran to me.
''Oh my God. My baby!'' She hugged me tightly and peppered my face with kisses.
''I missed you, my little baby.'' She said tearing up.
''I missed you too mom. How have you been?''
''Good. I'm making dinner for us. I expected that you should come around this time. Was everything good on a plane?''
''It was fine. I was sleeping most of the time.''
''That's good. Your brothers are upstairs if you want to go there. I'll finish the dinner.''
''Okay.'' I kissed her cheek and went upstairs.

I walked to the Jacob's room first. He was writing down something when I entered.

''Hardworking much?'' I teased him. He looked up and jumped from the chair.
''Sofia you came! I missed you.'' He hugged me. This boy will be taller than me soon as I see.
''How have you been?'' I asked him.
''Good. I'm doing homework, because mom made me do it. And you?''
''I'm fine. I missed you all so I wanted to visit. I'm going to see what's Zayn doing and mom is making a dinner so finish that up soon.'' I pointed to his notebooks. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and went back to sit.

Zayn's room was the last one in the hallway while mine was first one. I entered his room and saw unsurprising sight.

''Are you ever going to quit playing video games?'' I mocked him on the doorway. He looked up surprised and smiled.
''Never big sis.'' He said and removed his headphones before getting up.
''When did you grow up this much?'' I asked. He was like dad's height. He chuckled and hugged me.
''I missed you.''
''Me too Zayn.''

''How are you? Is everything good at school?'' I asked him.
''It's fine. Mom punished me by taking my X-box because my grades dropped a bit, but luckily she gave it back when I made it.'' He rolled his eyes. I laughed a little.

''And you? Any boys?'' He wiggled his eyebrows in teasing way.
''Not yet.'' I said smiling a little, but I immediately remembered him.
''Don't worry, you won't stay single forever.'' He chuckled and pulled me out of the room.

When we came downstairs, mom set the table for all of us. We heard the door opening and my dad came inside. I ran to him and hugged him.

''I missed you princess.'' He chuckled as he kissed my temple.
''I missed you too dad.''
''Dinner's ready.'' Mom yelled from the dining room. Dad rolled his eyes playfully before leading us to the table.

My dad kissed my mom  before sitting down. We started eating when my mom sniffled.

''I'm just emotional when I see you all here.'' She said.
''Calm down, woman.'' My dad said.
''Shut up, old man.'' She said back playfully. We began laughing at them.

I really like to be again with my family. I missed them all and I can't wait to spend these few days with them. I will take my mind off of him for awhile.