Chapter 30: Modern Day Life Lesson Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

Hihara stood there, panting and growling inaudible words at them. Subaru, looking from aside, was still unable to take in what was happening as well. He'd never imagine things to turn out like this. He was shocked at Emilia's strong attitude, and he was even more shocked at the inferiority Hihara was showing. "What the hell is happening...???" He muttered, feeling things were just too much for his head to process now. Hihara continued to pant and growl like a maniac, and slowly, he started laughing an equally maniacal laugh. "Fine, fine, fine, very well. Good thing that I came prepared..." He muttered, and looking up at the building, he snapped his fingers.

At this, there was a sound of metal breaking and ice cracking. Subaru and Emilia's eyes both darted toward the source of the noises. Above them were several rusted looking metal bars outside the window of the building, and there were more icicles below the bars and the protruding parts of the building. "I brought you here for a reason!! Those metal bars were long rusted, plus the severe snowstorm going on all these days, they were already brittle and fragile!! The icicles are no better!!! SA!!! IT'S TIME TO WIPE THAT DAMN SMILE OF YOURS OFF YOUR FACE!!! NATSUKI SUBARU!!!!" Hihara shouted.

The metal bars and icicles started falling right on top of them. Hihara knew that people like Subaru, those fucking people with their hearts filled with stinking justice, would definitely protect Emilia before himself, and further, as the icicles and metal bars crashed upon himself, he could see the desperate and frightened look replacing that stupid smile of Subaru's. "Ah... what a wonderful plan I came up with... Let's all go to hell..." He muttered as he spread his arms and raised his head up at the falling icicles and metal bars. However, something was weird. From the slits of his eyes, Hihara could only see Emilia, who was looking up with her hands raised. Where the hell was Subaru???? But before Hihara could think any further, something collided with his torso hard, pushing him away from the deadly falling icicles and metal bars.

Flying away and finally stopping when they hit the ground, Hihara realized that Subaru pushed him away. His eyes widened once again. "WHAT THE FUCKING--!!!!" He roared, but at once his eyes caught the silver-haired girl walking out the cloud of dust and snow, patting on her uniform and completely unharmed. And before he could utter another word, Subaru's fist collided with his cheek. "WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL WERE YOU THINKING ABOUT?!?!?!?!" Subaru roared and landed more punches on his face as crimson blood splattered on the white snow. "WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS GOING ON IN YOUR FUCKING MIND YOU FUCKING STUPID ASSHOLE????" Subaru continued punching him, and without warning, several more large pieces of icicles fell.

In Emilia's eyes, the icicles seemed to have fallen in slow motion. She reached out her hands and kicked the ground hard to run forward, she even released several icicles of her own to protect Subaru from the ones above his head. But it was too late. Her magic, not as powerful as it was in their original world, missed them by inches, and the icicles hit right on Subaru's head, and his arms fell and his whole body collapsed onto Hihara. "SUBARU!!!!" Emilia shouted. Hihara pushed Subaru off himself and struggled backward, trembling.

"What the hell...??" He muttered, looking down at Subaru, who wasn't moving. "What the hell...??" He repeated, and Emilia's eyes met his. From the deepest part of her purple eyes, cold and suppressed anger was being emitted. Hihara gasped and scrambled backward until he bumped into the wall. His mind cannot process any further as well. He didn't understand why Subaru saved him instead of Emilia, didn't understand why Emilia was completely unharmed from the falling icicles and debris, and didn't understand how he was the one being scared so badly now. "What the hell...??" He muttered for the third time and scrambled to his feet and ran for it, his whole body covered in snow and ice, and disappeared from Emilia's sight.

"PUCK!! PLEASE COME!!! PUCK!!!" Emilia shouted, and before her shouts ended, Puck was already floating down to Subaru, his palms on his head. Subaru's head was bleeding, and his eyes were closed, but he was breathing. "Don't worry, Lia. The icicles were blunt so he isn't hurt that bad, and the bones are fine as well. But the hit was still hard enough to knock him out. We'd better bring him to the nurse's office, quick!" Puck said, and Emilia nodded and picked Subaru up and ran up to the nurse's office. On the way, Puck was releasing healing magic on him, so when they arrived there, Subaru's wounds looked better, but he was still unconscious.