—————

Letha woke up feeling not as bad as she thought she would, her head was pounding slightly, resolved by the painkillers and water on her bedside table. She stumbled out of bed and into the lounge to be greeted by her best friend sat watching tv with Rudy in her lap, "Sleeping beauty awakens!"

"What time is it?" She yawned, sniffing her hair with a grimace — the stench of alcohol clinging to it.

"It's about four o'clock — you've slept all day," Alyssa grinned, her siblings were at after school clubs at the moment but she'd have to pick them up soon, she was in a good mood as she hadn't gone to school and after about five coffees her hangover was gone, "Come on, gotta get you pretty for your date."

She put her hands on Letha's shoulders and led her to the bathroom, "You don't think I look pretty?" She pouted, her gaze becoming confused, "Wait, what date?"

Alyssa smiled at her as she handed her a towel and turned the shower on, "With Klaus — apparently he wants to make it up to you for him being a dick."

"Did he say that?"

"I think I can read between the lines," she looked at the time on her watch and smiled apologetically before giving her best friend a kiss on the cheek, "I've gotta go pick the demons up, but I laid out a cute dress on your bed — trust me he won't be able to resist you."

Letha watched her friend hurriedly leave, still half asleep, "Okay?"

—————

Letha tried to keep on a neutral front and she and Klaus walked towards the falls together in silence, but the sight of the original hybrid carrying a picnic basket and blanket was truly an adorable sight to behold. She was carrying his paints and canvas, the grass tickling her feet as he finally stopped them at where he wanted to be.

"How'd you know this was my favourite spot?" It was where Letha and Alyssa would spend time together — a spot that was secluded that only a few people knew about.

"I didn't," he seemed surprised as he placed the blanket on the floor, "it was my favourite place to come when I was human — I always regretted never paining it, and I'm ashamed to say I don't think my memory would have done it justice."

She sat down beside him on the blanket, giggling when she opened the food basket, "Chips and milkshakes?"

"What can I say? You got me obsessed." He grinned slyly at her but there was still an underlying tension in the air, "I saw what you did, for Finn. It was very kind of you."

"He didn't deserved what happened to him — or to be buried in the Salvatore's garden like his life meant nothing," she placed her hand over his, "besides now there is somewhere for you and your siblings to visit — if you ever feel the need to."

They sat in silence for a few more moments as Klaus contemplated what to say, "I know I can be difficult," he squeezed her hand tightly as thought the next words were hard to say, "but I did not make myself this way. Mikael ruined me."

"I won't pretend to be some wise old goat," she smiled awkwardly, "but I do know this. Trauma has a way of overriding our personalities, fooling us into thinking and believing it's just who we've become. That's why healing is so important. Don't wear your trauma as a personality trait. That's not a trait. It's a wound, and only you can heal it."

Letha knew that she had let the trauma of what happened to her with the compulsion take over her life and it had making her into an angry person that she didn't want to be. The truth was she had forgiven Elena — she just didn't know how to express it.

"What if it's too late?"

"Nothing is ever too late — that's the beauty of eternity isn't it?" Letha took a sip from her milkshake as she rose an eyebrow at the hybrid.

He reached in and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "You're much smarter than anybody gives you credit for."

Letha's cheeks heated up, her heartbeat increasing as she tried to change the topic, "I saw on my phone that I rang you last night? Please tell me I wasn't too embarrassing."

"You don't remember?" He tried to hide the deflated tone in his voice as she gazed out into the water.

"Bits and pieces — nothing after the second Harry Potter movie." Letha turned her gaze to him, "Did I say anything weird?"

Klaus coughed, shaking his head, "No, just the ramblings of a drunk, I guess."

"That's a relief — I get so weird when I drink sometimes."

The next few hours were spent with Letha watching Klaus paint as she ate — it was exhilarating to watch him at work — the precision and passion was admirable. When he was finally done his hands were covered in blue paint and Letha laughed as she wiped the fleck of yellow paint on his cheek.

Time seemed to slow down when their skin touched, and it scared Letha how much of an effect he had on her, "Come with me," he grabbed her hand, holding it against his cheek, "please."

His lips were so close to hers they were almost touching, and she didn't mean it to be but her words were came out breathy, "You don't use that word a lot."

"Only when I'm around you," his eyes were intense — and she couldn't help but let her gaze flicker down to his pink, full lips, "let me show you the world."

"Okay."

Their lips met — desperate and wild — Letha finding herself quickly pushed onto her back on the blanket. Fisting at his blonde curls, she wrapped a leg around his waist before flipping them over. Flicking her hair over her shoulder she grinned down at his surprised face, before diving back in for another heated kiss.

And another, and another, and another...

AUTHORS NOTE!
IMPORTANT:
So guys the spinoff to this book about Alyssa and Rebekah is out on my page — it's called 'Love' so please so check it out if you haven't already!!

Honestly I didn't really like this chapter when I was writing it — mostly the first half but I did kinda like the second half I guess. I can never have Klaus and Letha fighting for too long cause they're my babies. I actually had so much I wanted them to discuss but it didn't fit so it'll have to wait.

 I actually had so much I wanted them to discuss but it didn't fit so it'll have to wait

( i saw this on tumblr and was just like... klaus )

Stay safe! Remember to vote, comment and or share please lovelies!

Unedited
-summer