Chapter 19

~Remember to vote and comment

Evelyn's POV

I hate the fact that he is a jerk and he knows that he is a jerk and he continues to be a jerk. How can he tell me to travel with him without prior notice? I complained bitterly to Ciara.

What do you have in your bag?

Uhm, two pairs of cloth. Why?

Nothing more? Ciara asked. Nah, I don't think I would be needing anything more. It's just a business meeting.

Okay, Ciara said with a mischievous grin on her face.

What are you planning, Ciara? Because I know that look.

Hahaha. "Nothing. What do you mean? I was just concerned about a friend. Can't I be?"

Cool. If that's your intention, otherwise I'm eating your left ear for dinner.

Hahaha. We laughed before we actually decided to go to bed. It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

•••••••

It wasn't until my alarm started buzzing that I realized it was morning already. The unusual stress of preparing for an impromptu trip got to me and I got so tired and stressed.

The fucking alarm! I mentally screech. Only rings when you are starting to enjoy the sleep.

I'm going to sleep for another 5 minutes and wake up again. I promised myself and snoozed the alarm.

Another ring and I had to force myself to stand up, Ciara was already in the kitchen. By now, all my clothes must have been dusty at home. I thought to myself.

I had gotten used to crashing at Ciara's place that I have forgotten I have my own apartment but the thought of Mark's return makes the house scary on its own.

Whatever happened to him, luck must have been on my side because I still haven't heard anything from him ever since. Was my mind playing games with me? Was it in my dreams?

Nah. You wished. He was too real to be a dream.

I pushed the thought aside so I wouldn't ruin my morning before it even gets started.

I don't want to be on the plane with Hayden and be deep in thoughts.

I filled my brush with toothpaste and brushed my teeth while staring at myself in the mirror. The bags underneath my eyes are an indication that I have been stressing myself too much lately. I need to treat myself to some spa when I get to London. At least I could try to enjoy my London trip and clear my mind a little.

Ciara had picked out a thigh-high slit gown for me to wear even though we had argued about the choice of clothing. Ciara had her way of winning an argument.

Long story short. I'm now fully dressed in Ciara's hand-picked dress. I don't know why she is more excited about this trip than I am though. Her excuses were something about wanting me to enjoy the moment, live it, and stop waiting for bad things to happen.

By 10 am, I was already fully prepared. I only had minimal makeup on and black stiletto heels that are starting to get uncomfortable.

The doorbell rang and I knew it was Hayden's driver.

Ciara!

I'm leaving already. I shouted when I got to the door.

Bye girl! Have a safe trip! she yelled from the bathroom. If she wasn't in the bathroom, she would have come to give me a pep talk about how I should act in London.

The drive to the airport took about 30 minutes and I was starting to get nervous before the driver pulled over.

Did I add the fact that I am scared of flying?

It scares me to death and I have only traveled by plane twice my whole life. One was when I was 6 and I insisted on following my dad on a business trip and the other when I was coming to California.

Hayden was already in the airport waiting for us. If the expression on Hayden's face was anything to go by when he saw me, I would say he was happy to see me but it's Hayden we are talking about here. The renowned jerk who finds comfort in my mystery.

I would agree the guy is handsome though if it does anything to lessen his ego. Our eyes met and it was the most intense 1 sec. His eyes scanned my body lustfully. It was the kind that says "Come to daddy" expression and I couldn't help but recollect the kissing scene in his office. No one has ever kissed me like that.

No man has ever made me craved one thing I swore I despised the most. His look was everything you could die for. With his navy blue shirt gently hugging his chiseled chest. I wish I could run my hands over it.

Hey. I said

"Hi, Evelyn. You look beautiful." He commented.

Thank you. I said with a smile. Our flight was ready in 10 minutes and I sat close to Hayden. The hostess came to announce our departure. The plane started to move and in my fearful spirit. I held Hayden's arm while closing my eyes tightly.

Hayden, sensing my discomfort pulled me closer to his chest and told me to try and breathe. After 5 minutes of struggling, everything was back to normal and I opened my eyes. Hayden's arm was still holding me tight and I pulled back awkwardly.

It had been 5 hours since we had been on the plane and I didn't know when I fell asleep until someone tucked my hair back and announced that we had arrived at our destination. The weather in London is so cool and I immediately shivered in discomfort. Hayden pulled off his jacket and immediately covered me with it while he guides me to the hotel.

Welcome to Casino's 5-star hotel. Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The Blond English receptionist said with a goofy smile on his face.

We are not married! We both echoed while drawing attention to ourselves.

This is going to be one hell of a trip. My subconscious commented.

A/N

Ciao ciao

This is the end of this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

I'm sorry for the late update. I hope you won't hold it against me?

Tell me what you think in the comment session.

Your comments get me fired up

Stay safe and stay healthy

Love you.