Chapter 18

~Remember to vote and comment

Hayden's POV

The two light flashes from my phone indicated that I just received a message.

"Arrived home safely." It read. Those three words meant something in my plans.

Now, the first step in my master plan is done. Time to move to step 2.

Evelyn Williams, you are going to be stuck with this jerk for a very very long time. I thought and smiled to myself.

••••

You didn't tell me you would be coming so early was my first sentence when I saw my parents pulled over in my compound. I mean who visits their son as early as 7 am.

"We have some other places to go so we decided it was best if we came early since you still need to go to work."

Well, I'm dying to know what you both have to say. I answered sarcastically

Go ahead, I urged as I closed the door behind them. I studied those two for some second, nothing is ever sure with my parents so it's better if you know what you are dealing with from the onset.

My dad and mum sat comfortably on the couch, motioning for me to sit on the opposite side. Isn't it amazing that parents seem to be all lovey-dovey now that they are old? Hmm

"Hayden, it's about the company." My mum started. Your father is planning to retire finally and wants to give you his 20% shares in the company which gives you 65% shares totally.

That would make you the richest billionaire in California as you have always wanted but there is a catch. The board members aren't willing for your dad to give you all of the shares.

They are afraid of you holding a higher percentage of the company considering your Bad boy reputation. So here is the deal. Richard Greyson, one of the board members, and your dad's friend would like you to marry his daughter, Maya, your dad thinks it would be a good idea.

It will give you more power in the company considering the fact that Greyson owns the second-largest shares after you.

"I have already agreed to it," Dad answered but we are here to ask for your opinion officially.

Oh, I see you two haven't changed a bit. You are still the most selfish humans I know. How can you agree to such a thing without telling me first, so you two already agreed and you are coming to seek my opinion, for what?

If you thought I had a say in this matter in the first place you would have asked me first if I wanted to get married to Maya.

"Wait, you don't understand son. We really didn't think it was that bad after all you have never brought a girl home to show us and outside you have a reputation for being a playboy. Getting married to Maya would change public opinion about you and would continue to increase your power in California."

If I didn't know better I would say you are doing all of this because you cared but I know better which is why I'm done with this conversation. I'm not getting married to Maya. Besides who said I don't have someone I'm dating. I do, in fact, I was planning to introduce her to you both this coming Christmas until you two came with the bomb.

Now that you know, tell Maya and her father to back off!!!

Have a good day! I said and stormed off. I hear the door close after some minutes which means they already left.

I feel bad for the way I treated my parents but it is really hard to look past what they did to me while I was growing up. When I needed someone to be there for him, none of them was available, all they ever gave me was money. I grew up like I was an orphan. The maids in the house practically raised me. I know they both said they have changed but I think it's all a mask that is going to come off soon enough.

By the time I was done with my breakfast, I was almost late for the office. I jumped in the car and drove out.

"Good morning Mr. Smith" Janet, and Emily greeted me at the same time. I nodded to acknowledge their greeting. My eyes were searching for one person I was longing to see, Evelyn. Immediately my eyes met hers, she looked away and continued typing on the system.

Evelyn!

See me in my office. I commanded.

I know how to break through her resolve when I'm being bossy.

"Okay sir," she said to match my tone.

I sat comfortably in my chair waiting for her to come in

I need you to fix a 3 days trip to London in my calendar for tomorrow and you are coming with me, I said almost immediately

"The trip is not scheduled until next week sir"

I spoke to Mr. Emerson, we would need to meet tomorrow.

So, I need you to be ready with your bags tomorrow

I will send my driver to pick you up, you don't need to come to work.

"But" she argued

"I can't come with you, why can't you go alone

Why do I have to come with you" she complained

As my secretary and my PA, this goes without saying that you need to be anywhere I am when it comes to business.

Do I also need to spell that out? I said rudely, I couldn't let her know it was all part of my plan.

"Okay, your highness" she rolled her eyes.

Good

You can go back to your desk now. I dismissed her

What a genius! Hayden. I can't believe you pulled that off quite well.

Now let's move to Step 3 in your master plan. My subconscious urged.

I picked up my phone and sent a message to the one person who had been helping me

It worked! Now send me her sizes, I said almost out of breath!

A/N

Ciao ciao
How are you guys doing?

Another chapter in Hayden's POV for all Hayden lovers😄😄😄

Who is following up on Hayden's plan?
What do you think Hayden is trying to achieve?

Remember to vote and comment.

Share with your loved ones too if you enjoy the story