Chapter 13

I slowly opened my eyes to take in my surroundings. It must have been the loud voice of Taylor swift screaming "I shake it up" that woke me up.

Can you off the music please? I asked the guy that was backing me in the driver's seat.

Hello to you too Evelyn! He said sarcastically

The voice

Mark?

Miss me too much honey? He whispered, now pulling over at my house.

How did I get here and what are you doing here?

Don't give me that attitude now baby! He said smiling from here to here

We should be having our best moment right now considering it's been years you last saw me.

Are you out of your mind, Mark? I said getting out of the car

You are the last person I want to see right now

I made my way for the door, hoping to get in the house and slam the door on his face

Can today get any worse? My subconscious questioned

He increased his pace to catch up with me.

Don't think you can run away now, honey.

I have been stalking you for a while and have been comfortable doing it from afar but lately I realized one son of a bitch is trying to take my bae so I'm here to claim what's mine.

What are you even talking about Mark?

You assaulted me and made my parents cut ties with me I said screaming at his face, trying not to cry

Now after several years, you got bored and suddenly remember I'm yours?

If you don't get out of here in a second, I'm going to call 911. I said forming strong even though I am cringing inside.

I pull my phone out and was about calling 911 when he put up his hands in a sign of surrender. Okay, now Evelyn, I'm going to do what you want just for today because I think this may not be the right time but trust me I'm going to come back tomorrow and we would have to talk, got me? He said with a sweet voice placed with venom and yes, before I forget, tell that motherfucker to stay off what's mine he said gripping my wrist. He walked away without turning back and drove out of the compound. I stood in the same position for what seems like forever without knowing what to do but one thing was certain, I can't sleep alone tonight. I don't trust Mark not to come back.

It's going to be a long night after all because it's like I just had a terrible nightmare and it is not real.

Fuck!

This is the third time, I'm calling Ciara and it is going straight to VoiceMail.

What do I do now? I said pacing around

There is no one else to call, I thought

I'm going to have to make a decision fast

I kept thinking for a minute but nothing was coming up. Then a thought crossed my mind and I dialled the number of the least person, in spite of myself.

Hello

Hayden

Can you hear me?

There was no response on the other side

I need your help,

It's a matter of life and death

I need you to come pick up at my house in 5minutes

Please, I said, all in a rush

What? He finally answered

Have you been drinking?

Did you check the time?

By the way, I'm your boss, not your booty call, miss Evelyn!

Hayden, I'm being serious right now. Please, I said swallowing my sob.

I need your help, I said and broke into tears

Evelyn!

Say something

Okay, just stay right there, I will be there in 5 minutes!

Hi guys, how have you been?
It's been a while here, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Xoxo

Don't forget to vote and comment