Chapter 3

Afraid to run when what is chasing you isn't human
When Struggles of life becomes your worse nightmares

Looking up for peace but he is too silent

I don't even know if he still exists

Evelyn POV

I staggered from the impact of the pull and clung to his arms for what seems like ages. Until I could gather my thoughts back, I pushed the stranger Lightly for him to let go of my arms. I was about to thank Him when the stranger started Screaming in my face.
"Do you have a Death wish?" He growled

Something about the way his blue eyes were fixed on me reminds me of something

I couldn't answer his questions. I was staring at him like he just dropped from heaven

Wait
Isn't he the same guy at the restaurant from the other day?

My God, he has the most intense blue eyes I have ever seen, I said in awe. I didn't notice that the last time I saw him.

You weren't staring at him the last time you saw him. I mentally rolled my eyes

Suddenly I remembered our last conversation at the restaurant, and I could feel the anger in me beginning to rise up

How dare him!

The nerve of the guy!

Wait! Are you stalking me now? I asked the man looking at me like He didn't understand the language I was speaking.

I am Asking you a Question; I scowled at him.

Are you serious right now? I just saved your life, and this is what I get in return? He huffed.

I felt guilty for not thanking him first; I mean no matter what, he just saved my life.

I...

I began, but words seem to fail me, and I stuttered.

"Thanks for saving me," I said finally, looking away. I gathered my things on the floor and was about leaving when he grabbed my arm

"I can drop you off if you don't mind," he said, looking intently at me.

No

I am fine

"Go on now," I motioned towards his car.

He left without saying a word

I stood in the same position for 5minutes until I finally made up my mind to go back home.

It's almost mid-afternoon before I got home. The whole house was in a mess. I couldn't clean up before I left the house in the morning. I need something to get my mind off this, I said to myself.
I started arranging the house, and then I prepared something for me to eat. It was around 6 pm before I remembered to call Ciara.

I dialed her no

"Hello Girlfriend, I wanted to call you, You can't believe what happened today, Jack finally called," She said immediately she picked up the call

"Hmm, that's good Ciara, So what's up, Are you guys back together now?

"Yes, Bae, you need to see his face while he was begging. I felt terrible for him; I couldn't say no" she continued

I didn't reply to her

I was too lost in my world.

Girlfriend! Evelyn!

Why are you all silent? Is everything okay?

I shook my head, forgetting the fact that she couldn't see me.

"No Ciara, No, nothing is alright
It's like my whole life is crashing down. I can't do anything right. I got fired today," I sobbed.

What?
You know what? Stay right there and don't move. I will be in your place in a jiffy.

I nodded again and hung up.

I was all curled up in the chair when Ciara knocked on the door.

I hugged her immediately. I saw her as though my life depended on it.

It's something about wanting to tell her everything but I couldn't

She didn't say anything; she barely pats my back like she understood every emotion I was feeling.

I wish I could call my parents right now,

The mention of parents makes my blood boils
What kind of parents are they, I clenched my fist as I remember what they did to me
They stopped being my parents when they didn't believe me.

The last time I saw them, I was begging and crying for them to trust me, but they didn't listen.
They chose to believe that Mark instead and Severe all ties with me. Mark is the son of my father's close friend, and they have always wanted us to get married. At first, I was okay with the relationship because Mark and I practically grew up together. We often hang out when our parents are in business meetings, so when my parents suggested it. I didn't see it as a big deal. The first year of us being together, Mark was such a caring boyfriend, Even I was jealous of myself, but things took a new turn when he felt it was high time we had sex, and I wasn't ready.
He pressures me almost every time, but I have always wanted to keep my virginity till marriage, and I thought if he loved me enough, he would wait for me; after all, I was going to get married to him soon. But I was so wrong. Mark's behavior towards me changed totally. He yells more and complains more every single day, but I loved him enough to take it. That was the biggest mistake of my life

My God, remembering it now shows me just how stupid I was

I saw the sign, but I ignored it until he thought it was okay if he had his selfish ways with me.

I was so stupid

I still remember that creepy look on his face that night... as though he enjoys hurting me

I couldn't speak to anybody for a couple of days. I was wallowing in self-pity. When I finally dared to tell somebody about it. My parents shattered the little piece left of my heart and threw it to the Dogs.

I had called my mother that very day to talk to her about it, but Mark had already cooked up a story for them as to why I was acting up for a couple of days and not picking their calls.
I didn't make it to the door when my mum raised her hand on me. She slapped me across the face.
I was trying to explain what happened, but they wouldn't have any of it.

They didn't care to listen

My father screamed at me and told me I was a disgrace by dragging their family name through the mud. He severed all ties with me and asked me never to show my face again. They cared more about their reputation more than they did, their daughter.

They sent me out with no one to care for me

I hate them, All of them I said as I continued to hug Ciara

A/N

Hey Lovelies, Don't forget to vote and comment. It inspires me.