Chapter 17

~Please remember to vote and comment

Dedicated to lixieba

Evelyn's POV

"Earth to Evelyn!"

What are you thinking about? Emily says as she tries to get my attention.

Sorry I just got a little distracted.

"Are you sure nothing is wrong?"

Nothing, I'm fine. I said faking confidence.

"Okay I will leave you then and go back to my desk, I have some work to complete." She said and left.

I was about to start returning emails when the desk phone rang.

"Be right there, " I answered and hung up

Hayden and I have not spoken, well, since that incident, you know, the one that I slammed the door on his face. Well yeah. I have been ignoring his calls and avoiding him altogether. Now he is calling me on the office phone, some work for me, maybe.

I am so nervous right now. I don't know how to face him. I mean we kinda kissed before things escalated.

My heart still skips a beat at the thought and I'm not even sure I could look him straight in the eye without feeling anything.

I adjusted my skirt so that there weren't any indecent exposure, I wouldn't want Clark, thinking I want to seduce her crush.

I hesitated a bit before opening the door to calm myself.

Breathe in breathe out

When I opened the door after knocking, Hayden's back was to me.

"You called me sir," I said knowing he hated the word.

"Yeah, could you help me get something at that desk. It's a file with a capital F on it."

Oh okay, I replied. annoyed that he was only calling me for petty tasks.

Talk about being arrogant and a jerk my subconscious added

Hayden moved from his seat, heading for the door, I didn't pay attention to what he was doing until I heard the door locked.

"Now we can talk, Hayden concluded.

Evelyn, look at me, I want to talk, why have you been avoiding me, been ignoring my calls."

He said with pain in his eyes like the word itself was hurting him.

Since when did Hayden become this soft?

Talk about being unpredictable.

Nothing, I answered looking down, afraid of what I might do if I look him in the eyes.

Evelyn, look at me, he lifted my chin so that my eyes were staring straight at him. While we locked eyes for what seems like forever which was actually a second. Something changed in Hayden and he suddenly pushed me to the wall, arching his head so that our mouths were only inches from each other.

You don't know what it feels like to be worried about someone Evelyn, you don't what it feels like to have....

Before he could complete his sentence, he forced his mouth into mine and started kissing me with all the most intense emotions I have ever felt in a single kiss.

It was like he was punishing me and making love to my mouth at the same time. He wanted me to feel what he is feeling, every single emotion and I felt it until he stopped.