Chapter 19:

"Oh. My. God." I say shining the flashlight all around. He moves beside me putting his hand on my back and keeping me attached at his hip.

"Serena I don't feel good about this- holy shit!" The floor falls from beneath us and I scream as I fall through. I land on top of Julian with a gasp and I suck in air as I find him knocked out.

"Julian- oh my god. Julian!" I exclaim shaking him but he stays out cold.

"Oh god Julian." I hear footsteps above and I look around wildly seeing a small opening. I stand up and drag Julian with all of my strength towards it. It's so hard considering es a solid rock! The footsteps get louder and closer and I panic as im only half way to the opening.

"Come on come on come on come on." I mutter continuing to drag him the footsteps now just above us. I reach the opening and I shove him in then get in also and pull him right against me as whatever was above us drops down into the hole.

"Where are you girl?" A man hisses and I shove closer against the wall behind me being sure that he won't be able to see me if he looks in here.

"Come out come out wherever you are."

"I know you're in here. So why don't you come out?"

"I don't smell your guardian near. Did you come visit alone?" His voice echoes off the cave walls and I break into a state of panic.

"How about we play a game. I count to ten and you run run as fast as you can."

"Or I can just find you now, kill you quicker then I killed your parents." I reach my hand gently to Julian's side and grab the knife from its sheaf.

"I feel im being quite generous- I will start now." He says and I grip the knife to my chest.

"1....2.....3.....4.....5.....6.....7......8.......9-"

I jump from the hiding spot and ram the knife into his back. He twists and his claw rips the skin on my face. I shriek in pain as the blood poors down but I keep the knife held, twisting it in deeper. My vision starts to blur and I twist the knife once again seeing him drop dead to the ground. I yank the knife our falling to my knees as he vanishes into dust. I hear movement then see Julian run over to me.

"I'm so sorry I was-

"I killed it." I say then look up finding our hotel surrounding us.

"What the hell?"

"Another perk to being a guardian. You said you killed it?"

"Yes."

"Are you ok?"

"I killed a human being-

"He wasn't human."

"I still killed it! I killed!" I start hyperventilating and he pulls me tightly against his chest as I shake in fear and guilt.

"You did what you had to do-

"I killed!" I shriek and he holds me as I start to sob.

"You had no choice Serena. Don't think you did." He says gently laying down me still pulled tight against him.

"I- I killed."

"I'm so sorry." He whispers into my hair.

"How many more times will I- will I have to?"

"More then you'll ever want."

"Why is this happening?"

"The past is coming back to haunt us."

"How do we get it to go away?"

"We fight."

"But, I'm not a fighter!"

"It's the only way you'll survive."

"God how the hell did this go from a simple trip to a god damn war between supernaturality and humans! Humans being us."

"What did I promise you the very first day we got on that plane and arrived here?"

"That you'd protect me."

"Correct- I will protect you no matter what."

"Ok ok." I say and he nods rubbing my back and pulling me tighter against him not that it should be possible.

**************