Chapter 6:

I wake up with a start finding it dark outside and on the plane. I move my head off of Julian's shoulder careful not to wake him up. Grabbing my phone I see its 7:15. We should've gotten to Utah at 7:00pm not 7:15pm... I look around and see that everyone's asleep. I quietly stand up and slip by Julian and walk to the back room. I find one of the attendants and she smiles at me.

"Everything alright?"

"Yes, just its 7:15pm, weren't we supposed to land at 7:00pm?"

"Oh you must've been asleep during the announcements, we hit an awful storm and some strange activity in the sky. We have been delayed two hours so we won't land until around 9:00/9:30pm."

"Oh, ok."

"Do you need a drink or anything?" She asks me and I shake my head.

"No, I'm just going to use the bathroom."

"It's right down the hall." She says and I smile heading on down.

**

I wake up finding Serena gone. I look over at her seat and see her phone. Checking the time I see that it's 7:23pm, and I raise an eyebrow at it.

"Hey, flight's been delayed for two hours." I look to my left finding Serena standing beside me.

"Oh ok." I say and she slides infront of me taking her seat once again.

"Do you know the cause?"

"Yeah, they said there was an awful storm and strange activity in the sky."

"And that delayed us for two hours?"

"I found it strange too, but, yeah I guess so."

"Huh, alright then. Oh where'd you go off to?"

"Um the bathroom." She says popping a peice of gum into her mouth and chewing.

"Oh ok."

She nods then puts her earbuds in and leans back against her seat pulling her knees up to her chest.

****************

Exhaustion starts to take over me again so I give into it and fall asleep with my earbuds in.

*****

The plane comes to a jerk and I wake up quickly. I look around and see all the other passengers start to wake up.

"We have reached our destination! Everyone please exit slowly and have a lovely day!" The flight attendant says into the microphone. I look over at Julian and give him a shake or two. He blinks open his eyes and I tell him we've landed. I stand up and stretch followed by him, then we get off of the plane.

Grabbing our luggage I pull out my phone and search hotels near the Skinwalker Ranch.

"There's two hotels by the Ranch, one is called Stay All Night and the other is a Holiday Inn." I say heading over to the car rental place. He grabs his wallet before I can do anything and hands the money to the lady.

"I would've paid for that you know."

"You've paid for enough- I mean you're doing this whole thing for me. I owe you something out of it."

"Oh, you already have! I'll have a story to write." I say giving him a smile then thanking the lady and taking the key once I'm done filling out my half of the paper work and he is done filling out his.

"It's car number 64036." She says and I nod and wave as we walk over to the cars.

"Thank you." I say stopping infront of number 64036.

Hmm nice car!

"No problem." He says then we climb into the car him taking drivers side; then we head off.

**************************************