When Memories Are Different

"What's wrong with him?" The black haired kid asked for the fifth time Thais second.

A new guy with a bright white smile and blond hair who they called 'Apollo' answered him again. "Nothing, his memories are just....gone,"

With that, the person they said was a god flashed out in a bright light, leaving Leo to stare at the six people who somehow knew him.

"I never really got an answer, so I'll ask again. Who are y'all?" The elfish boy asked, eyes glancing back and fourth from each one.

The person with blond hair and glasses answered him, "I'm Jason. This is percy, Hazel, Piper, Frank, and Annabeth,"

"I'm leo, but I guess you already knew that,"

"Yeah. This might sound strange, but Greek gods actually exist, and your a child of Hephaestus," piper explained.

Leo's eyes grew wide in realization, "that's why I can throw fire!"

All of them chuckled as Percy continued, "yes, that's why you can throw fire,"

"Sweet!" The son of Hephaestus yelled, "also, is there any chance one of you could take me on a tour or something?"

"I'll do it," hazel said. She took Leo by the hand and lead him outside, casually walking and telling him everything about the camp.

When they finally reached bunker nine, Leo spoke. "What was I like?"

This seemed to take the girl in front of him by surprise. "You were amazing. You could always make someone laugh, and never strives to be the center of attention,"

"I do sound amazing," Leo chuckled, "what about the others? What were we like together?"

"Well, Jason's kind of sweet and a bit awkward sometimes, frank and you were a bit rocky, but you were good, Piper was best friends with you, Percy knew you well and pulled schemes with you, Annabeth would help you design buildings,"

"And you?"

"We were really close,"

The two remained silent for a few minutes, before hazel pulled something out of a box. "This was your tool belt. You used it to make so many things, just reach in and you can pull out what you need,"

Leo nodded and out on the belt, reaching in but only feeling the leather of the tool belt. He tried another pocket but it was the exact same thing.

"I don't feel anything,"

Hazel looked shocked, "What?"

"Are you sure I'm supposed to build?"

"Yeah, your Leo, it's what you do,"

"Then why don't I feel anything?" After a moment of silence, he continued, "I don't think I'm meant to build cool things with nothing, at least, not anymore,"

"But....your Leo,"

"I don't think I'm the Leo you remember, maybe that's what happens when memories fade,"

The two just stared at each other for longer. Leo could tell the potion was working, and he hated it. But the son of Hephaestus needed to do this, he might not remember jason, but he knew he needed to do this.

'Leo' the voice said again, 'why did you want the potion?'

'You told me to hurt Perseus before drugging him. If I'm going to do this, I have to have some fun'

The voice remained silent. Leo looked back at hazel who was slowly falling under his spell. If there was one thing he was thankful for, it was that hazel showed him around. It would be weird if Jason started loving him.

Hazels brown eyes seemed to have a hard time not staring at the elfish boy in front of her, and for some reason, she could care less about frank and everyone else.

"Tell me the truth hazel, did I love you?" Leo asked, moving closer.

Hazel jumped in surprise of his voice, "What? Huh? Love me? No? Maybe,"

"Well, lets just say that part of me hasn't changed. And I think I know the answer,"

Without thinking, hazel replied, "we can figure it out,"

She closed the gap and kissed him softly, and Leo knew one thing.

The spell was working, and that meant he could hurt the seven. Kronos would rule.