Chapter 16 || Day 4+5+6 (Mental)

A/U: Wattpad didn't save this chapter so I will give a brief summary of what I wroe :^((
--------------------------
I left before Peter could wake up.

Our group was shoved into a tight space with a bomb. The timer counted five minutes until detonation and we had to defuse it, or the bomb would let out tear gas in the confined space.

Then the door to leave the area would be opened after two minutes, following after those five minutes.

We failed. Rae was close to defusing the bomb when the gas started seeping from the bomb.

We were all on the ground, choking on contaminated air.

Our eyes burned, throats itched, stomaches ached and lungs hurt. I was limp on the floor, still coughing and gasping for air when one of Rumlow's men with a gas mask dragged me by the feet to a different area with clean air.

Pure, clean water was poured into my eyes and mouth and I relished in it. The water didn't completely help wash away all the burning, but after ten minutes, my eyes buzzed with pain and it was enough to have us walk ourselves back to our dorm.
---------------------------
I opened my eyes the next day and found myself lying atop a rough concrete platform with the rest of my unconscious ground. We seemed to be in a tower, with a large bell over our heads.

A rope was hanging from the center of the bell, all the way through the floor and into the bottomless pit.

If we were to ring the bell, we would fail the challenge.

There was space six feet all around the circumference of the rope. So we couldn't reach for the rope to climb down and get out of the tower.

Stephen fell over the edge and grabbed the rope.

We failed.
---------------------------
Almost there, I thought.

My chest squeezed and my head pierced with pressure as I figured out the last puzzle. My fingers started to become pruny as I blinked through the water, my body floating in the capsule.

I see the red light blinking, indicating that I solved the puzzle, and I wanted to squeal with relief.

I twisted my body in the water and glanced up, seeing the metal covering keeping me under was removed.

I shot my body up towards the surface and gasped for breath. The headache started washing away and a slight smile crawled on my face.

My body was leaned over the edge onto grate. I glanced to the side and saw a clock with a timer that had three seconds on it and I've never felt panic in that moment.

I pulled my body out of the water as fast as I could and hit the grated floor with a grunt.

I heard the water being shocked and electrocuted and I turned on my back, staring at the ceiling, still relishing in the fresh air I've been yearning for so long.

Rumlow came into my view and scoffed, "I thought you would've failed this one too."
------------------------
A/U: I will not be including a day 7 because it is simple and it's not worth a chapter

I hate that sometimes Wattpad doesn't save your chapters. I hate it I hate it I hate it.

@Wattpad please fix this. PLEASE.

[words: 506]