Chapter 19 || New Life

Anatoly exclaimed as he boarded the private jet. "Angelina!" He said in an accent. "Ваше лицо получилось красивым! (Your face has turned out beautiful!)"

I gave him a small smirk as he sat down across from me.

"Ваше имя соответствует вашему лицу. (Your name matches your face.)" Anatoly remarked.

"Спасибо Анатолий. Я выбрал имя в конце концов. (Thank you Anatoly. I picked the name out after all.)" I gave a grin.

Due to an important undercover mission assigned to me, I had undergone plastic surgery. They were minimal changes, but enough so that facial recognition wouldn't identify my as my old face.

I'd been training more in Russia after they'd captured me from my mission for SHIELD. Or, what was left of it.

The Avengers have torn down SHIELD and posed a threat to the world.

I wouldn't call myself a traitor if the regime you'd been dedicated to had fallen.

"Вы понимаете, что Мстители будут там, пытаясь нас заблокировать? (You realize that the Avengers will be there, trying to lock us down?)"

I stared at Anatoly's stern face. "Анатолий. Вы рассказали о преступлениях и разрушениях, которые они причинили своей стране и нам. Почему моя верность лежит на неправильной стороне этой войны? (Anatoly. You've told the crimes and destruction they've caused to their own country and to us. Why would my loyalty lie on the wrong side of this war?)"

He face softened and a big smile was plastered across his face.

"Okay Angel." He spoke in English. "You will go undercover to charity masquerade ball and eliminate any threats, trying to take down our operation." He said with an accent.

"Which is?" I had been working on my accent, which Anatoly congratulated me with a new weapon that I wear as a necklace.

"You won't need to know."

I cocked my eyebrow but stayed silent. I'd been taught and trained to be quiet and listen. Especially to never question my authority and to just follow the directive.

"I'm sure the Avengers will be there, undercover, but you already know their faces, yes?"

I nodded as he handed me a keycard.

"A hotel room with things you need will already be there." I nodded again.

"So how will I know what they're going after if I don't even know if they are posing a threat." I gulped when I saw Anatoly's smile drop, but I kept my expression the same.

"I will be there, and you will see. It will be obvious. But your mission is to take them down, one by one."

"I know what to do." I said and and sat back as I waited.
-----------------------------
"Thank you." I smiled at the woman at the front desk and walked toward the elevator to get to my hotel room. Anatoly followed behind me. We had separate rooms, right across from eachother.

The hotel was right across the street from The Grand Ballroom, where they've decided to do the charity ball.

The most dignified, esteemed families were attending. The reason they were attending didn't concern me.

I checked into the hotel room and saw a black dress with black heels and jewelry on the side. A black and gold mask, covering just the eyes was laid elegantly on top of the dress.