If You Died For Them

A/N: This was requested by @Happy_rose78!

Enjoy! Also, adding in some canon again, just for the angst!

AND I JUST REALIZED I'VE BEEN NEGLECTING YORIICHI OOPS-- I'm editing all the previous chapters tonight (after the 6k special) to include him! I'm really sorry for this Yoriichi erasure!)

--

Tanjiro:

Tanjiro was devastated. He cried for you any time someone brought you up and vowed to avenge your death. He became more serious about his duties, even when his depression lessened and he was back to his usual self again. Your death remains a sore spot, and he absolutely won't stand it if his enemies taunt him about losing you.

Nezuko:

Nezuko cried her poor little heart out for days, feeling entirely responsible. When she wasn't sleeping, she was mourning -- which turned out to be more and more. She pulled away from the others for a while, entirely consumed with your loss. She hadn't felt despair this deep since the death of her family. She eventually bounced back a bit, but you remained a sore spot for her, as she cries whenever someone mentions you.

Zenitsu:

Zenitsu mourned for days on end, refusing to see anyone. He was deeply in shock at first, unable to do anything but sit in his house staring at the floor, but eventually he began to break down and cry. It took Inosuke breaking down his door and demanding he come out for him to start to bounce back, but he was never the same afterwards.

... things only worsened after the letter telling him of Jigoro's sudden, and painful, passing.

Inosuke:

Inosuke was in denial for a while. He kept going around as if nothing happened, insisting that you were getting better at the Butterfly Estate. Eventually, Tanjiro and Zenitsu snapped him out of it (by literally slapping it out of him), and he broke down in inconsolable tears. Ever since then, he's not been the same. He's more morose and serious. Even Nezuko couldn't believe that he was the same person from before.

Giyuu:

The added grief of losing you hit Giyuu hard, and he retired from his position as pillar and left to hole himself up at his home. He refused most visitors except for Urokodaki, Shinobu (surprisingly), and the main four. He cried for you for days, refusing to eat or sleep, until Shinobu finally came to his home and pushed him to start living again. She was a very good crutch for him when the others couldn't be there, and they commiserated about loss of loved ones together. Giyuu refused to train a successor, naming Tanjiro his tsuguko and instead opting to live out the rest of his life alone.

Kyojuro:

Kyojuro mourned your death bitterly for a time with his family, and once that period was over, he came out of it with his usual outward demeanor. Your death was still a sore spot, but he was able to move past the despair, luckily, with the help of his family and friends. He grew determined to avenge your death and began to train himself ever harder.

Muichiro:

Muichiro seemed almost in denial for a while, trying his best to tell himself that you would come back. Eventually, though, all that stress and despair bubbled over, and he had a breakdown -- fittingly, at the Estate. He was able to get emotional help to deal with your death (especially from his friends), and with time, he was able to move past most of the sadness. Your death changed him forever, however - he became more guarded to those he didn't know all over again, and he only trusts those whom his friends already know and trust.