They Have a Nightmare

REQUESTED BY: clempetit

A/N: Hooray for more angst.

--

Tanjiro:

He awakes with a start, a shout on his tongue, but as he feels you lying next to him, he feels instant relief course through him. He takes your hand, squeezes it tight, and cries.

Nezuko:

She wakes in the middle of the day, and you hear muffled yelling coming from Tanjiro's backpack while you're stopped to rest. You place your hand on the door, speaking softly to her. Luckily it works to soothe her, and your heart breaks as you hear her quiet sobs through the wood.

Zenitsu:

Zenitsu awakes with a yell, and it immediately startles you awake as your husband latches onto you and starts crying. He can't let go of you, frantic and terrified, until you manage to soothe him enough to get him to fall back asleep.

Inosuke:

Inosuke wakes with a yell, and you feel him shake you awake as he pats your face with his hands frantically. You can't get him to calm down as you question him, and as he tells you about his nightmare, you soften and grab his hand tight. He won't go to sleep without holding you.

Giyuu:

You barely hear him, instead waking because you're thirsty. But Tomioka is faced away from you and you can see his back shaking - and when you ask him if he's alright, the sight of his teary face makes you forget the water you wanted as you hold him tight against you. He melts into your chest, grasping at you desperately as if you'll disappear too.

Kyojuro:

Kyojuro gasps sharply as he wakes, and it instantly makes you alert as you reach for your katana. But when he hugs you, you realize it wasn't a physical enemy - but rather, a mental one. He holds you tight as he shakily recounts the nightmare he just had. Seeing his little brother definitely helps - but the frightened, yet exhausted slump of his body scares you more than you thought it would.

Muichiro:

He wakes with a sharp breath - and immediately reaches over, seeing if you're there. When his hand rests on the side of your head, he lets out a quiet sigh of relief - and curls up closer to you, trying to forget the horrific images that haunted his mind.

Shinobu:

The first thing you wake up to is Shinobu's hands cupping your face and her frantic breathing. When she sees your eyes open, she breathes a quiet prayer and bows her head, back shaking. She holds you tight and it's one of the rare times you see her fall apart... and it scares you more than you'd like to admit. She ends up crying herself to sleep, hugging you to her chest.

Gyomei:

Your husband's heavy hand gently lay across your shoulders, and if that doesn't wake you, the sound of his quiet sobs will - you've heard him cry before, but never like this. Once you ask him what's wrong, he hugs you to his massive chest and murmurs prayers as he tries to calm himself. Just the feeling of your warmth is enough to soothe the panic in his chest.

Sanemi:

You don't hear him wake, but you know it when you feel it - his muscles stiffen and it's almost like the breath is gone from his lungs - and then he sits up and you can feel him frantically reaching for you. Sanemi breathes a shaky sigh and lies back down, hugging you to his chest - and if you listen, you can hear him cry. His shoulders shake uncontrollably as he tries to reassure himself that whatever he just saw was just a nightmare.

Akaza:

He doesn't sleep often, but when he does, his dreams are more often than not awful - and today was one of those days. You awoke to your husband's shoulders shaking, and when you asked him what was wrong, he replied that he couldn't recall - but he knew you were dead. Akaza holds you tight as you reassure him you're alright. He may not remember much, but the sight of your body shocked him right to the core - and he hates feeling so vulnerable.

Douma:

In the rare time when he sleeps, he wakes you up with a more troubled smile than usual and asks to lie down with you. He never loses face, even as his body trembles and his grip is a touch tighter than usual.

Kokushibo:

On the rare morning that he sleeps, more often than not he dreams of the bloodshed that defined his youth - and today, you awoke to your husband's hand carding through your hair, though you couldn't see his expression. The slight trembling of his shoulders tells you that he must have seen something personally traumatizing - and when you offer your arms for a hug, he doesn't pull away, instead holding you tight enough to reassure himself that you won't fade away.

Muzan:

He never sleeps - but when he does, his nightmares are enough to agitate him. You wake one afternoon to an empty bed and shouting from down the hall of the fortress. You realize he must have dreamt about losing to Yoriichi again and try your best to ignore the terrified underlings begging your husband for mercy.

Yoriichi:

Your husband is silent as he wakes, and immediately reaches for you. The tears can't stop flowing even as you wake in confusion, and he hugs you tight while trying to calm down. The panic attack from the nightmare takes a long time to pass - but holding you close helps soothe his weary heart.

--

A/N: Please tell me what you thought.