If They Betrayed You

REQUESTED BY: Butterfl3

A/N: Going with the 'forced to kill you' angle here... or in the Moons' case, eating you to become stronger (something something love is the strongest force of all?). Obligatory blood/gore warning for some of these.

--

Tanjiro:

As much as it kills him inside to leave you to Muzan, he turns his face away and allows you to be taken. Your sobs and anguished pleas follow him even after you're long gone, and he falls to the ground weeping because of what he'd just done, even after Nezuko's bloodied arms wrap around him in a feeble attempt of comfort.

Nezuko:

You were the first - and last - human she's ever eaten. And it took every ounce of control not to vomit once she was done with her meal. She cried as she stared at the blood on her hands and under her nails, begging forgiveness from your corpse.

Zenitsu:

Watching as you were killed by Kaigaku was the most heartbreaking thing he'd ever done. He stared silently, tears streaming down his face at the anguished look on your face, as the life faded from your eyes, as your body hit the ground.

Inosuke:

He watched with a breaking heart as Douma consumed you, his grip tight on his swords. It was only after he was licking his fingers with a smile before turning his fans at him that the boy realized that his mother was never coming back... and that he'd sacrificed you for nothing.

Giyuu:

Giyuu could hardly think straight, the loathing thoughts continuing to burn into his mind as he stared at your corpse. You'd never even seen the attack coming until it was too late - and no matter how much he tried to tell himself it was for your own good that you were dead than a demon, he could never quite believe his own words. All he could think of was that Sabito would have never forgiven him for allowing you to die.

Kyojuro:

He could hardly think as he devoured you, tears burning his eyes as the raging hunger in his gut was quelled by your flesh. Your death had been quick, he tried to console himself - he'd taken care not to cause you pain as you died. But then Akaza's teasing words continued to mock him, and as he began to remember who you were, the nausea roiling in the pit of his stomach caused him to keel over and vomit.

Muichiro:

He could hardly look at you as Kokushibo bit into your leg, your strangled cries pleading to your boyfriend to do something, anything, to help you. It was all worth it, he tried to convince himself. This would make him stronger, right? He would never have to lose anyone he loved again, right?

You would forgive him in time... right?

Shinobu:

She tried her best to keep her expression cold as the poison worked its way through Douma - via your body hanging limply from his mouth, your eyes still wide open and anguished. This would all be worth it, she attempted to console herself. This wretched demon would fall. No more innocent blood would have to be shed. This would avenge Kanae.

Still, even as she watched his skin turn purple and his eyes bulge out of his skull, she couldn't help the pit of doubt that opened to gnaw at her stomach.

Gyomei:

He cried as he felt for your corpse, still cooling on the ground. He never thought he could have killed anyone again, yet here he was, loathing himself and aching to undo what had just been done. As he grasped what was left of your hand and held it to his cheek, he couldn't do anything more but pray to the gods for forgiveness for killing you before the transformation fully took hold.

Sanemi:

He tried his best to ignore the way his tears blurred and burnt his eyes as he raced forward to kill the demon before him, trying his best to ignore your corpse crumpled on the ground with your own sword through your neck. He'd warned you not to get so close to him. He warned you, he tried to tell himself. Still, the anguish that clogged his throat begged to differ.

Akaza:

The tears that stained his face had only just begun to register as he watched Muzan tear through your throat, your screams becoming gurgling, grotesque noises as your blood trickled from your lips and nose. He couldn't seem to look away as the life faded from your eyes, the heartbreaking look of utter betrayal burned into his memory.

As his master offered him your heart, bile began to rise in his throat as he stared at the still organ, trying not to think of who it had just been a part of. What had he done?

Douma:

His smile was ever present as he took a rougher bite through your throat, and as your grip on his robes became panicked he could not stop himself. Your screams rang in his ears until they were nothing but pitiful gurgling gasps, and as you fell against him, he felt the blood staining his fingers grow cool.

It was all worth it, wasn't it? It would make him stronger... right?

Kokushibo:

He tried his best to shove down the gut-wrenching pain that surged through his heart as he watched his master shove his hand through your chest, watched the agony leave your lips in a bloodcurdling shriek, watched as you finally fell limp in his arms as Muzan offered him your heart.

He could hardly stand to look at the organ, but after several hesitant seconds he took it, offering you a hushed plea for forgiveness as he lifted it to his mouth.

Muzan:

His eyes are cold as he rips into you, ignoring your screams as blood sprayed against the wall of your apartment. He shoves his hand against your mouth to muffle the noise, trying not to alert your neighbors as you bite down on his fingers, drawing blood.

Smiling against your torn skin, he relishes in the moment you belatedly realize what you've just done and he shoves you to the ground, watching you writhe in agony on the floor.

Yoriichi:

He didn't want to do it. He didn't want to. He tried to make himself believe it, but he just couldn't seem to as he stared at your writhing body on the ground. Muzan had long since departed, leaving him to stare in despair.

Gripping the handle of his sword, tears burned his eyes. He didn't want to do it. Please, gods, don't make him do it.

--

A/N: Please tell me what you thought.