Chapter 38: Car Crash

We wake up the next morning to the brightness of the rising sun. I get up and stretch. I look down at Troy and smile. I can't believe he came into my life. How am I this lucky?

I pull up my hair into a messy bun. I sit down on the bed just staring at him. I hadn't noticed that he woke up.

"You like the view sweet cheeks?" He asked.

I blush at his comment.

"Come here." He motioned me to come lay beside him.

I go into his opened arms.

"Can we lay like this all day?" I ask.

"I wish but I'm meeting my friends to exchange gifts." He said.

"When is that?" I ask.

"At five. We have all day to ourselves." Troy explained.

"Good." I reply.

I move my head up to look at Troy. He leans down and kisses me. His lips are so soft. We break away to get breakfast. We walk down stairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning love birds. I made waffles. The syrup is in the cabinets. I have to go to work. I love and I'll see you after I'm done with work." She said and walked out the door.

We grab the waffles and I grab the syrup.

"Do you want butter?" I ask.

"Sure." Troy replies.

I walk to the refrigerator and grab the stick of butter. I get forks and knives out of the drawer. I walk back over to the island and hand the stuff to Troy.

"Thank you." He said.

We eat our delicious pancakes in silence. I sigh as the warm waffle was put into my mouth.

"What do you want to do today?" Troy asked.

"Maybe we could go to the YMCA and play one-on-one basketball." I suggest.

"That's sounds good. I bet I'll beat you." Troy says with a smirk.

"Yeah that's right." I say sarcastically.

"Want to make a deal? Loser has to do a suicide." Troy says as he puts his hand out.

I reach out my hand and shake his.

"I'm going to get ready." He said and ran upstairs.

I rush upstairs to Bea's room to look for athletic shorts. I find black athletic shorts. I put them on and put on one of Bea's basketball shirts. I go to the bathroom and pull my hair up in a pony tail and grab sneakers from my room.

"Ready to go? My mom will drive us to the YMCA." Troy explained.

"I am." I replied.

We went through the window to Troy's room. We go downstairs and outside to the car. His mom drives us to the Y.

"Carolina I hope you win!" Jordan shouts through the window.

"I'll try!" I scream back.

We walk through the entrance. Troy and I get a day pass. After we fill in the information that was required, we went to the basketball court. Troy grabs a basketball. I look around the court and see that we are the only ones there.

"Do you want to start with the ball?" Troy asked.

"Sure." I reply.

He passes me the ball and I dribble it to half court. I start to dribble it back and forth between my hands. I start to run with the ball. I dribble the ball between my legs and do a cross over. I pass Troy as he tries to take the ball away from me.