Chapter 18: The Dance

I go into my room to get my dress. I've hid it in my closet so in case Bea ended up storming into my room and looking in my stuff. She has done that before.

I go into the bathroom and lock the door. I take a quick shower and then I quickly dry my hair. I look at my hair in thought. What should I do? I think about it for another five minutes. I decide to curl it and then put it into a pony tail. I go through the cabinets. I found it behind the straightener.

I plug it in and wait for it to get hot. In the mean time, I get the nail polish that I stole from Bea. It is like a gold color. I put it on and then I blow dry them. Blow drying them will make the drying process. They dry in less than ten minutes.

I decide to do my make-up before I do my hair. I get the eye liner and put a little on. I don't usually put make-up on but when I do, I only put a little on. I put a little mascara, eye shadow, and lip gloss.

I go back to the curler and start to curl my hair in think curls. It takes ten minutes for my to curl it all. My hair is really thick. After I finish the last curl, I put it in a high pony tail. I get my dress and put it on. I look into the mirror and see someone that doesn't look like me. The girl that I see is pretty. That can't be me. I move closer to the mirror and the person follows my movements.

It's you stupid. . .

My brain said. I can't believe this is me. I step out of the bathroom and into my room. I hear Bea screeching for something. She is probably having a panic attack because she can't find the right eye shadow. I laugh to myself thinking that she would be having a panic attack over that. I look at the clock and it says that its six. i have a hour to spare. I look out my window and see Troy getting ready. He's already in his suit. He is fixing his hair. He turns around to face me. He opens his window and I open mine.

"Are you stalking me or something?" Troy asked playfully.

"No. I'm bored. All I hear is Bea screaming about not having the right eye shadow," I complain.

"Ha. Do you want to meet outside now? My mom wants to take pictures," He said.

"Sure. I'll be right out," I say happily.

We both close our windows. I walk out of my room to go downstairs. I look into Bea's room and she my mom and dad helping fix her hair. My mom turns around and makes eye contact with me.

I quickly go down stairs and put on some little high heels that I found in my closet.

"Wait! Carolina!" My mom said as she runs down the stairs.

I'm going to be in so much trouble!

"Yes," I say.

My heart is beating rapidly. What if she says I can't go to the dance!

"I want to say that you look so pretty tonight. Have fun with Troy. His mom and I have been talking. I'm so sorry for being mean to you. We'll talk about this later okay?" My says.

She quickly goes back upstairs. She left my in shock. What just happened. . . I rethink of the thing that just happened. Did she say I looked pretty? I go outside to meet Troy. I walk over to him. When he looked at me his eye lighted up.

"You look. . . .amazing," He said.

"You don't look bad yourself," I respond.

"Alright kids. Get together so I can take a picture!" She says.

Troy and I go side by side. He puts his arm around my waist. She takes the picture. She makes Troy pick me up bridal style. She takes ten more pictures. Finally she stops.