Chapter 1: I can't take it

You have to get up.... my brain tells me. You should stay in bed. You're better off here then anywhere else..... my brain fights back. I can't take it anymore. Why is my brain fighting with me? I get out of bed with all the strength I have. I go to my closet and get black jeggings and a Holister sweatshirt that has at least one hole in it or else Bea would've kept it.

I go out of my closet of a room and go to the bathroom. I hurry to it before Bea can take over the it.

I get to the bathroom. The cold tiles shock my feet. I look into the mirror and see a mistake. My hair is down to my waist. My parents won't pay for me to get a "good" hair cut. I don't want to cut it myself.  I'm to chicken to cut it on my own, so I just let it grow. I brush my teeth and brush my hair out. I leave it down, letting the loose waves flow. You dont want to do anything.. I put my hands to my head and try to get the voice out of my head.

"What are you doing, loser?" My sister hisses.

She doesn't care about me, so why does she even bother.

"Nothing," I mumble as I walk out of the bathroom. She pushes me the rest of the way.

I walk down the stairs and I grab my worn out coat. I don't eat breakfast. I grab my backpack and put on the torn a part gray converse and go out the door. Bea is sixteen and is allowed to drive. I'm fifteen and obviously can't drive. Bea won't let me go in her car, which is a convertable.  She says that if she lets me in, I'll ruin the car.  I have to walk to school. We aren't close to the school, so I have to leave early. It takes me thirty minutes to get to school.

I start to walk on the sidewalk, but I'm blocked by a moving truck. Who is moving in? What house are they moving into? 

I see that the truck or rather say trucks are moving into my neighbors house. I decide to stay and see who is moving in. I stay put pretending to be confused, because the truth is I am confused. Two people got out of the first truck. He turns around. Wow. He is is . . . the most beautiful person I've ever seenMy heart starts to flutter.

The kid looks to be around my age. He is tall with beautiful brown hair and green piercing eyes. You like tall guys... Oh no.. He is coming towards me.

"Hi. Do you live next door? My name is Troy," He says he reaches his hand out.

I look at it and return the shake.  A bolt of electricity shoots up my arm, making it numb.  We pull our hands back at the same time.  The strange thing is that I miss his hand against mine.

"Hi, I do live next door. My name is Carolina," I say, "Well I have to get to school. I'll see you around," I add.

I start to walk away, but he grabs my hand. I turn around and look at him. My-my hand is once again numb.  I never want to let go of it. 

"School is like 30 minutes away. You're telling me that your walking?" He asked with a strange look.

"Yeah I know. My sister won't let me drive with her to school," I say.

"Oh okay. I'll see you around. I'm going to school Monday. Maybe you can show me around?" He asked.

"I guess but when you get to school you'll be popular and I'm not. Polar opposites. But if you really want me to help you around I can," I confess.

"Yeah I really want you to help," he smiled.

Oh his smile is to melt for. I gave him a fake smile back and wave. He returns the wave and walks back to his house. I bet he is going to unpack. The trucks were huge.

I start to walk again. I look at my old unupdated iPhone, which by the way has more cracks in it then anything. I'm going to be late if I walk at this rate. I start to run. I'm pretty fast at running. I run as fast as my legs can take me. Making it to school in fifteen minutes, I have five minutes to get to my locker and get to class before the late bell.

I rush inside the school and run to my locker and I throw my backpack and coat into my locker and grab my books and slam my locker shut. I run between people. I cant believe a guy talked to you. He probably heard of your sister and wants to hook up with her. My brain is probably right. My thoughts are interupted by me bumping into to someone. Not again. . . You always end up running into someone. . .