Chapter 4: Food Fight

"You're... a-a f-f-fast runner," He managed to get out while he was panting.

I start to laugh at his struggle to try to get words out.

"Thank you. I love to run," I say happily.

We walk back to his house. His house is two sizes bigger than my house. We walk into his house in silence.

"Do you want to bake something?" He asked.

"Yes!" I say. I almost screamed! I love to bake even though I don't do it at home. I help out at food shelters.  It's the only place where I can help out people who are similar to me.

"We can make chocolate chip cookies and cake!" Troy exclaimed.

I nod. I can't wait. Troy grabs all of the ingredients and gets the recipes.

"What do you want to do first?" He asked.

"Cookies," I said.

He nods. He grabs the butter and puts it in the bowl. Next he gets the sugar and let's me put it in the bowl.

I pour the sugar into the measuring cup. I start to walk over to the bowl but my foot got caught in the rug by the sink. Being clumsy me, I trip! The sugar went all over Troy. I look up at him. It is all over his shirt and half of his face.

"I'm. . . I'm. . .so. . .sorry!" I try to say between my laughter. He really did look funny.

"If you want war, so be it!" He screams.

Oh no we are going to have an epic food fight. I quickly grab the flour and the cake batter. Troy grabs vanilla, sugar, and milk. The only "weapon" left is the eggs. Troy and I look over to the eggs at the same time. We look back at each-other and I lunge for the eggs. I'm quicker so I grab the eggs in no time.

++++++++++++++++++

We are in the middle of battle. Troy has used most of his sugar and some of his vanilla but none of his milk.

I used two eggs. I had a great aim and I hit him in the back. I used a little of the flour. I'm saving it for a surprise attack. My cake batter is not longer with me. It got used up. Everthing must go at some point.   I'm hiding behind the kitchen counter while Troy is on the other side of it.

"You can't hide forever you know." Troy whispers.

"I know. I'm going to win." I proclaim.

Secretly I'm plotting a sneak attack. I'm going to do it in three. . . two . . .one! I get up quickly and I jump onto the kitchen counter. I unload my flour all over his head. He shoots up like a lighting bolt. He grabs my waist and the milk and pours it all over me. I scream and laugh at the same time. I grab an egg blindly and crush it on his head. He starts to laugh too.

We are currently on the floor of the kitchen covered in egg, flour, and sugar, and oh yeah milk. We have not stopped laughing for an hour.

"That was the most fun I've had in years," I say.

"Me too," He said.

I look over to him and lay on my side.

"I mean it.  I haven't had a friend in years.  You gave me memories that I will never forget," I say.

He looks into my eyes; trying to read me.

"You're welcome.  I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to be your friend!  You are so much fun," He said.

I smile.

"Thank you, but a lot of people don't think like you," I say quietly.

He helps me up. I grab his hand.  Fireworks explode.  I hold in a gasp.  My hand is on fire.

My eyes shoot up to Troy's.  He's about shocked as I am.  Though Troy doesn't say anything.

Once we get up, we started to laugh again like nothing happened with our hands.

I'm some what dissapointed because I've never felt that before.  I happy though because it would become awkward between us.

"Thank you for being my friend," I state.  I say nothing more.

He was about to say something but someone interupted him.

'What on earth!"

His mom walks in.