Chapter 3: Races

I wake up to a beautiful Saturday morning. Since when did I compliment a day? That's new.

I open my window and see Troy. He just looks right into my eyes. His eyes are so pretty.  Green.  So green.

I go just fall into his eyes. 

There to beautiful to be real.

He interrupted my thoughts.

"Are you thinking about me?" He asked. His ego is going up the scale.

"I bet you are thinking about me," I snap back. I give him a smirk. Two can play at that game.

He starts to chuckle at my weak comback.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" He asked as he rubs his neck nervously.

I put on a confused face.  I already knew the answer.

"Sure. I'll meet you outside!" I said.

I close my window and put on yoga pants and a long sleeve shirt. I put my hair in a pony tail and put on beat up sneakers.

I rush down stairs hopefully not to be seen my family.

I manage to get out of the house. Troy stands outside. He is wearing under amour sweatpants and a Pittsburgh Pirates sweatshirt. I love the Pirates. I walk up to him and he engulfs me into a hug.

What the hell? Why is he hugging me?  We just met like yesterday. Despite the wrongness that I was feeling, I return the hug. He lets go and starts to walk. He didn't say a word. I rush up to him. We walk for a little. There was comfortable silence.

"I love to walk" he finally broke the silence.

"I like to walk but I love to run." I said. I want to have a competition with him.

"Want to race to the white pole?" He questioned as he pointed to the pole down the street.

I nod and smile huge.

Knowing I would win, I pretend to warm up.

"You are so going down!" He said to me.

"Ha, yeah right." I stated.

We both get into a ready position.

"One . . . two. . .three!" He screamed.

I bolt. I run as fast as I can.  The wind rushes past me as I break the air in half.  I run past the pole and slow down. I turn around to see Troy panting.  His hands are on his knees.

"You know hunching over won't help you catch your breath." I explained.

He nods and streches upward.

Troy then takes off his shirt.

Holy abs.  My eyes widen.

"You like what you see?" Troy asked as he refers to his abs.

 I laugh and shake my head.  I freeze.  Did I just laugh?  I haven't done that in years.

I'm praying that Troy wants to be my friend.  If it's true, he would be my first real friend.