Chapter 12: Dress Shopping

I go home and go straight to my room. I've stored some food in my closet so I can have dinner. No one bothers me the whole night. I fall asleep peacefully and I didn't have any nightmares.

I wake up to see its still dark outside. I look at the clock that I stole from Bea. I guess she never used it. It says five thirty.

Once I wake up, I can't go back to sleep. I get up and take a shower. I come out and decide that it'll be a lazy day at school. I go to my closet and pick out baggy sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I put them on and then I go back into my bed. I lay there for about two hours. School starts at eight thirty so I have time.

I hear my stomach growl. I go downstairs to get something to eat.

"What are you wearing!" Bea screeched.

"I'm being lazy today," I say.

"You look like a hobo! How are we even related! Why did my parents have to have you!" She hissed.

That stung. Seriously what did I ever do to her? I don't say anything because I would end up getting in trouble. I grab waffles and walk out the door. I walk to school with Troy.

"I hate school. I wish I was home-schooled," Troy complained.

"Not me. I would hate being home-schooled,"

"But we could be home-schooled buddies," Troy whined.

I laugh at the comment. He sounded like a little girl.

"Do you want to go laser tagging with some of my friends on Saturday? They're from my hometown," He asked.

I never been laser tagging. I've heard about it. It sounds like something I could do.

"Sure. I bet I could beat you in laser tagging just like I did with Just Dance," I say with a smile.

He crosses his arms around his chest and pouts. What a baby.

"I let you win first of all and second I will cream you in laser tagging. I won't let you win this time,"

We reach school in thirty minutes. We go into the school. The intercom comes on when we reach our lockers.

"Attention all students. There will be a dance on Friday December twelfth at five to ten. This is a formal dance! Tickets will be sold before for five dollars and six dollars if do you not get your tickets in advance. Thank you for listening and have a great day!" The secretary lady announced.

A dance. No one will ask me so I'll be in my room reading. It's two weeks from now.

"A dance. Have you ever been to one?" Troy asked.

Is that even a question? I never been to a dance.

"I haven't. No on ever asked me," I confess.

"Oh. Well would you want to go with me?" He asked. He seems nervous. I guess I could go with him.

"I would love to!" I say happily.

I'm excited to go to the dance with him. It'll be fun. I would have a dress. How can I go to a formal dance without a dress.

"Hey Troy we have a problem," I say as he walks me to class. He walks me to class everyday.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I don't have any dresses that are nice," I say quietly.

"That won't be a problem. I'll buy you one!" He proclaims.

"I can't let you do that," I respond.

I can't let him buy me a dress that I'll wear once and never wear it again.

"I want to. It'll be an early birthday gift," He said.

My birthday is coming up. Troy's birthday is a few days before mine. His is December sixteenth and mines the twentieth.

"Fine," I say. I don't want to argue with him.

"Great! I'll take you after school!" He said.

I nod. I wave goodbye to him and I go into my classroom.

School went my with a blur. After school Troy and I walked back home. We waited for his mom to come home from work.

"Hey mom. Can you take me and Carolina to a dress shop. I'm buying her a dress for the school dance," Troy asked.

"Sure. Get into the car. I'll be right out," She said.

We go into her car. It's a convertible. We sit in the back. She comes in and drives us to a dress shop.

"Call me when your ready to leave," She explained.

"Okay. Thanks mom," Troy responded.

We walk into the dress shop. I hate to shop so this will be horrible. We start to look around. I pick some out that look cute but I don't think they'll look nice on me.

I've tried on five dresses and all of them look horrible. Troy tries to convince me that they all look nice on me but I don't think so. He is being really patient. I need to find a dress.

I come out and look around on the different racks. One dress caught my eye. It's not long but isn't to short. It is red and with a side strap to go on the shoulder. I yank it of the rack and run to the dressing room. I put it on. It's stunning. I walk out and show Troy. His face his priceless. When I came out his mouth dropped.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"It's. . .It's. . .You're. . .Beautiful," He stutters.

I blush at the comment. He called you beautiful. . .No he said the dress is beautiful. . .No he didn't!

I go back into the dressing room and change back into my lazy clothes.

"Your getting that dress," Troy demands.

I nod with a smile. I was planning on getting the dress. Troy takes it up to the cashier. She whispers something in his ear that I couldn't hear. He laughs at the comment. I don't ask about it. If it was important he would tell me.

"Thank you so much for the dress," I say.

"No problem. You'll look great in it," He replied.

I can't wait for the dance. . . Maybe he'll kiss you. . .