Chapter 17: Lunch Fight

The week went by in a blur. All I could think about is the dance. I never been to any of the school dances. I always stay home and read or do homework. I'm happy that Troy asked me.

I go to school in a great mood. Troy walks me to class, like usually. I go into my first period class. We have a fun day due to the grades on our test. We watch a movie. I have no idea what it's called. When first period ends, I have study hall. I go to the library to read. It's so peaceful.

After my morning classes, I go to lunch. My stomach is growling for food. I guess I could have ate breakfast. I walk in with my money to pay for the food. I get a salad. I don't even like salad but oh well. I walk over to Troy. I sit beside him everyday and he sits by his guy friends.

I listen to their conversations but I get bored most of the time. I usually stare off into space. I start to eat my salad and listen to the conversation of the day. Sports. I listen for a while. Out of nowhere, a piece of bread hit one of the football players. He turns around instantly. A kid has his arm in a throwing position. The football player throws a piece of his sandwich in return.

I have a feeling that there is going to be a food fight. . .

I was right. I am hiding under the lunch table to stay away from the food being thrown. Troy comes under the table with me. He is covered in what looks like ranch and mac-and-cheese. I start to laugh at him because he is a mess.

"Our classmates our wild!" Troy said with wide eyes.

"I can tell. I've been safe under the table. I can't believe that the teachers aren't stopping this!" I say.

"Oh yeah about the teachers. They joined! This is the best lunch ever." He says.

I'm shocked that the teachers are in on the food fight. Troy take me off guard and throws a piece at mac-and-cheese at me. I look at him with a death glare. He'll pay. I quickly look at the ground for spare food. I find a hamburger and throw it at him. It hit his chest. He looks at it and examines it. Then he does the worst thing possible. He starts to eat it!

"Ew. Troy that is so gross!" I whined.

"Ha. It doesn't have any bite marks in it and it's really good!" He protests.

All I can do is laugh. He could get sick! The food fight lasts another whole hour. We will be late for class. Like that matters. What matters if I will get out of here alive.

"Troy what if we don't get out of here alive," I say.

He starts to laugh at me.

"You are so dramatic. Of course we will get out alive. Are you excited for the dance?" Troy asked.

"Of course I am! I never went to a dance, so this will be amazing!" I explain.

"I'm glad I'm taking you!" He replies.

We peek out of the table and see no more food is flying around. We get up and rush out of the door. We go to our lockers and get our books out. He walks me to class and says good bye.

After the long boring day of school, I walk home with Troy.

"Are you sure you want to go to the dance with me?" I ask.

I don't want him to go with me if he doesn't want to.

"I want to go with you. Stop worrying! Everything will be alright. You'll look beautiful." He said.

I start to blush at the comment. He thinks that I'll be beautiful. He's probably just saying that. We get to our houses and we say goodbye to each other.

We will go to the dance at seven. It starts at five and goes to ten. I can't wait!

I walk into the house and quietly go upstairs. I go into Bea's room. She must be getting her nails done or something. I search her closet and all over her room to try to find make-up and nail polish. I finally find it. It was under her bed. I go back into my room and start to get ready.