Chapter 23: Truth

Violet.

"I just wanted to stop by and say hi to a really old friend," She said.

"Old friend?" I ask Troy.

Did they know each other before?

"Violet. I'm done with you so I'm going to be nice about this situation and say get away from me and my girlfriend," He said with anger.

I never saw Troy angry before.

"Aw Troy, you're just upset that we broke up and I'm back," She said like I'm not even there!

"I'm going to say this one more time Violet, get away from me and my girlfriend. I don't want anything to do with you," He said.

Before she could say anything else, Troy slams the door shut.

"We need to talk," I say.

"Okay. Let's go into my room," He replied.

We walk into the room. He closes the door.

"Violet and I used to date," He said truthfully.

A pain comes into my chest. I have to remind myself that they are broken up.

"Why is she here?" I ask.

"I don't know but I was the one that broke up with her because she got to creepy," He replied.

I go up to him and hug him. He hugs me back.

"When we broke up I was sad and depressed. We dated for two years. Then I met you and my life changed," He confessed.

My heart starts to pound. I decide to tell him my life story.

I let go of him and I sit on the bed.

"There's stuff that I want to tell you too," I say nervously.

"Okay," Troy replies.

He sits on the bed beside me.

"My life has been horrible. I've told you that my parents said I was a mistake. I was. They didn't want another baby. When they had me I was not important to them. Of course they fed me and kept me alive but other than that, they didn't play with me or buy me toys. As I grew up, Bea made my life even more miserable. She would get me in trouble for stuff I never did. Bea never wanted a sister. I was like her servant."

"When I was eleven, I got my first friend. We had so much in common. I never told my family about her because I thought they would do something. Bea somehow found out. I was thirteen when my only friend started to hang out with Bea. She said she only wanted to my friend is to hang out with Bea."

"I fell for everyone's tricks. I thought they wanted to be friends but they just wanted to be with Bea." I end.

A lump was forming in my throat. I continued.

"I became depressed. No one wanted me in their lives. I cried myself to sleep every night. I wanted to disappear. My grades were dropping. I couldn't let them go down. School was the only place away from my hectic family," I say.

I'm sobbing now.

"It's okay. I'm yours and your mine. I'm not going to be with Bea," He says as he holds me.

I want to show him my scars but I don't want to until later.

He lays us down. I put my head on his chest.

"I'm here for you. I'm not letting you go," Troy reassures me.

"Thank you Troy. . . For everything you've done for me, making me feel special, and for caring about me," I say with all of my heart.

"Thank you so making me happy again," He replies.

He leans in and we kiss. He holds my hands. He touches one of my scars.  I flinch away.

He pulls back.

He pulls my sleeve up and looks at them.

"When?" He asked hoarsely.

"It was long before you came. I felt hopeless," I whisper.

He holds his hands onto the scars.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I wish I could just take them away. I wish I was here for you when you were younger," He replies.

"But you're here now and that matters most to me," I say.

I kiss him on the cheek.

"Its getting late. I'll see you tomorrow," I say.

"Okay. Love you," He replies.

"Love you too," I say with a smille.

I go out of his window and go into my bed room. I walk into the bathroom and take a long warm shower.

I get out and put on my pj's. I fall asleep instantly.

I'm in a dream. I can tell because it's to nice. I walk around. I'm at a basketball court. Troy magicially appears.

"Do you want to play?" He asked.

"Sure," I reply.

I go up to him and start to dribble the basketball that poofed into my hands. I do a cross over and end up doing a lay up. When Troy got the ball, he ran down the court. I somehow steal the ball away from him and shoot a three point. The weirdest thing is, is that I made it.

"You're really good," He said shocked.

"Thank you. I didn't know I was good either," I say.

Troy starts to shout my name.

"Why are you shouting?" I ask.

He doesn't stop.

I run over to him and shake him. He is like frozen in one stop shouting my name.

"Troy!" I shout.

I slap his arm. I look around the room. It is jerking back and forth.

This dream is turning into a nightmare.

I wake up.