Chapter 36: Gifts

I look down at his phone. He shows me that there is a contest for who can make the best video for the up coming movie for Mockingjay Part 2.

"This is crazy!" I say.

"And the grand prize winner gets to meet the cast!" Troy says excited.

"We have to enter! I'm really good with cameras. I used to take pictures for this famous person but guess who found out, Bea." I say.

"Okay! I'm good at acting so that'll work. They'll announce it on Christmas Day. Oh by the way, what do you want for Christmas?" Troy asked.

"Nothing. What do you want for Christmas?" I ask him.

"I'm not telling you until you tell me." He said.

He is going to be stubborn.

"Surprise me." I say.

"Fair enough. I want a sweatshirt of my favorite football team." He explained.

"Who's you favorite football team?" I ask.

He smiles. I fall for his smile every time. My heart melts.

"My favorite is the Steelers." Troy says.

"Okay!" I say.

We walk back to the house. My stomach starts to growl.

"I'm guessing you are hungry!" Troy laughs.

"Wait Troy what day is it?" I ask.

"It's the twenty fourth." He explained.

"Troy! It's Christmas Eve!" I say in panic.

I need to get him a present!

"We need to get presents!" We say together.

We rush inside and eat first. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! We make pancakes. Well chocolate pancakes! And by we I mean me. Troy is watching me make them.

We eat them in silence. We were starving.

"Okay, you should get ready and I'll get ready for shopping. Can your mom to drive us?" I ask.

"Yeah she can. I'll be back." He said and runs upstairs and out the window.

I wash the dishes and put them back into the cabinets. I rush upstairs and look through the clothes that I had gotten. I pick out a comfortable love sleeve shirt and jeans.

I go to my bathroom and changed. My hair is wet so I get the blow dryer. I blow dry my hair and let it out of the braid. It lays in soft waves.

I walk into my room and see Troy. He looks up from the floor to me.

"My mom said that she can drop us off." Troy explained.

"Okay." I reply.

We walk down the carpet stairs. We walk outside and see Jordan in the way ready to go.

"Your mom is quick!" I say.

"I know." Troy replied.

We walk into the car and sit in the back.

"Good afternoon, Jordan!" I say.

"Good afternoon to you too, Carolina!" She says cheerfully.

She drove out of the driveway and to the mall. Once we got there, she dropped us off.

"Text me when you two are done with shopping. I'm going to get food for the party tonight!" She said with her window down.

"Okay, we will!" Troy says.

We watch her drive away. I look around the parking lot and saw a lot of cars. People must have had the same situation as us.

We walk into one of the entrances. We stop buy the jewerly place.

"Look around and tell me what like." Troy said.

I realse his hand and look around at the different necklaces and bracles. I don't have me ears pierced so why would I look at the earrings? I look at this one necklace that has a heart with a diamond in it.

"Do you like this one?" Tory asked.

I nod.

We walk out the place and into the sports shop. I brought fifty bucks with me, so hopefully that will cover how much the sweatshirt will cost.

"Pick one out that you like." I say.

He nods and goes to see if any of the sweatshirts pop out at him. I look around and see basketballs. I wish I could get one but the money is going towards his sweatshirt.

I walk around to if there is any Steelers hats or shirts.

"Hello gorgeous." A stranger said.

I turn around and see a boy that looks to be around my age.

"I have a boyfriend. Get away from me." I see.

"Oh your hard to get. I like that!" The strange boy said and started to walk towards me. I back away.

"Troy!" I scream.

I back onto the wall, where the boy pinned me up against.

"Let me go!" I say with anger.

"No can do, honey." He said.

I close my eyes praying for a Christmas miricale.

I feel his arms being torn off of me. I quickly open my eyes and see Troy beating the boy to a pulp.

"Don't ever touch my girlfriend again!" Troy yells.

He leaves the guy alone and walks towards me. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Did he do anything to you?" He asked in a quiet voice.

"No you came just in time." I explain.

Two nights in two days. That's is new. Troy walks us away from the boy. He shows me the sweatshirt that he wanted. I wanted him to leave so that I could buy it but he wouldn't leave my side. I made him close his eyes as I bought him one similar to the one he wanted.

After I bought it, we walked back into the jewerly store.

"You keep looking while I buy you one." He said.

I don't look at what he is buying. I wanted it to be a suprise. He bought something and lead us out of the mall. He called his mom. We waited for her, but while we were waiting, the boy came back to us. He was all bruised up in the face.

Troy steps in front of me protectivly.

"Hey, I'm sorry about, you know. I totally should have got punch in the face. Thank you for doing that." The boy said. He wouldn't even make eye contact.

"Leave. I never want to see you close to my girlfriend or me." Troy snaps.

The boy walked away with saying nothing. His mom came just in time. We hop into the car.

"How was shopping?" Jordan asked.

"Good." Troy and I say together.

"You two spend too much time together! That's a good thing though." She said.

Once we get to his house, we wrap each-others presents. We go into different rooms. My wrapping skills suck!

After the wrapping, we get ready for the party. I go through Troy's window and look for something to wear.

"Carolina! I have a suprise!" My mom shouts.

I walk downstairs.

What could it be?

Author's comments.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you all got what you wanted and I hope you have a great day!! I might me thinking about doing a contest for a new cover for my title. If you would like to enter all you have to do is make a cover title for me and send it to me or sent it me on instagram. My instagram is Sophie__128. Merry Christmas!