Chapter 34: Sheetz

My heart starts to race.

"What was that?" I ask.

"I don't know but don't worry about it. It was probably a raccoon or something," He explained.

I nod and squeeze his hand harder. I get scared easily. We walk past the place where the thing ran past us. I look out into the woods. I don't see anything but blackness.

I pick up my pace and make sure that I'm nowhere close to that thing.

We aren't even close to home. I start to get hungry.

"Hey. Do you think we can stop somewhere to get something to eat? I'm so hungry. Also did you tell your mom we were going out?" I ask.

Troy looks down at me and smiles.

"I told my mom we were going out so don't worry about it. We can stop somewhere. Where do you want to go?" He asked.

"Sheetz!" I scream into the night sky.

Troy starts to laugh.

"Okay," He said with a giant grin.

We finally get off the dirt road we were on. We got onto the side of the main road.

"We should be close to a food place," He explained.

I nodded.

"What to play a game?" Troy asked.

"Sure," I responded.

"Okay, so I'll say a word and you have to say the first word that pops into your head. After ten words, you ask me," He explained.

"Okay," I say.

"Food?"

"Hungry," I say.

"Pasta?"

"Meatballs."

"Future?"

"Past."

"Friend?"

"You."

"House?"

"Tiny."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Goat?"

"Pig."

"Book?"

"Amazing."

"Love?"

"True."

"School?"

"Sucks," I finally say.

"Okay my turn," He said.

"Girl?" I ask.

"Friend."

"This is getting boring," I say.

"I know," He replied.

We walk in silence. I start to get cold. I start to shiver and start to see fluffy snow flakes fall.

"Do you want my jacket?" Troy asked.

"Sure," I say with my chattering teeth.

"I have a question," I say.

"Okay ask away," He replied.

"Why do your friends keep saying that you aren't a 'bad boy' anymore?" I ask.

"Well, before I moved here, I was considered a bad boy. To me I was a player but people thought different. I went out with basically all the girls in my school. I didn't know what love was. I thought if maybe I went of with different girls I would find my love. I used to get in fights with a lot of people. I don't know why. My dad pressures me to be the best, so I guess I pushed everyone out of my way. When I moved here, I had a new start. I met you and right when I laid eyes on you, I fell for you," He explained.