thirty-five

"No, mama, I didn't know that he was going to win another championship

"No, mama, I didn't know that he was going to win another championship." Brielle said into the phone as she talked with her mother. "No, I don't know why he would do that when my due date is coming up."

The end of August was coming up fast and Colby just so happened to win another championship, even though him and Brielle just had a conversation about this. Of course she was proud of him, but now he would have even more work and less time on his hands.

"I know that you're coming in one week, but I will be fine until then." She tried to plead with her mom. "I promise, I will be fine. I just have to go now. I love you and I'll talk to you soon. Bye."

A groan escaped the brunettes lips and she rubbed her eyes. She didn't know what was stressing her out more, Colby not telling her that he was going to win another championship, or her mother asking her a million questions every time they talked on the phone.

Brielle wobbled up the stairs and went into her daughter's nursery as Kevin followed behind her. She took a seat in the rocking chair, and admired the room and its beauty. It still was crazy to her that in a little less than two months, she'd be a mom. She just prayed that Colby would be there to see her give birth and for all the important moments in their daughters life.

As much as she loved her boyfriend, he was terrible at communicating. He probably told her that he was going to win another title, but said it in a way that made it seem otherwise. It also could've been Brielle's fault with her pregnancy brain, but she'd never admit that to him.

"Oh baby girl, you're daddy is gonna get in trouble if he doesn't get home faster." Brielle chuckled as she rubbed her huge stomach that she just loved so much.

Kevin's rapid barking snapped the young woman out of her thoughts. As the small dog ran down the stairs and to the door, Brielle struggled to get out of the chair and get down the steps to greet her returning boyfriend.

"Hey." Colby breathed out before pecking his girlfriend on the lips and closing the door behind him. He placed his bags on the step and rubbed her stomach, greeting his daughter.

"Hi Mr. Tag and Universal Champ." Brielle said, making Colby turn around and sigh.

"You're mad." He said as more of general statement, than a question.

"I mean, I'm proud, don't get me wrong. I just don't understand why you'd win another championship when this baby can come any day now." She told him, taking a seat at the dining room table.

"Look, we are supposed to lose the titles at Clash of Champions. I'll still be Universal Champion, but I told management that I have to lose in October at the latest, then I will be all yours." He explained, sitting across from her and taking her hands into his.

She stared at him before sighing and nodding. It wasn't that she wasn't proud of him, it was just putting a lot of unnecessary stress on her, but she could never tell him that. It also made her upset that he was missing parts of her pregnancy. He was at almost every doctors appointment and everything important, but she selfishly wanted him all to herself.

"Okay." Nodded the brunette. "But, I have to admit, it is a bit of a turn on having your boyfriend as a double champion."

"Oh really?" He smirked, making her nod and wiggle her eyebrows. "I like the third trimester!"

"Just shut up." She said as the two walked up the steps and into their bedroom to make love.

It might seem strange to some people that they would have sex right after a disagreement, but that's the way Brielle and Colby were. They had always been that way and nothing was going to change that, or their love for each other.

--

"So I don't want to tell you much, because I want you to be surprised, but there are gping to be pink flowers all over and its going to be very cute

"So I don't want to tell you much, because I want you to be surprised, but there are gping to be pink flowers all over and its going to be very cute. I promise. I just cannot wait for you to see it." Mercedes smiled giddily as she showed Brielle around the venue where her baby shower was going to be.

Mercedes had been planning this shower ever since Brielle told her that she was pregnant. She had the honor of planning/throwing Brielle and Colby's gender reveal, as well. Hopefully, one day, she'd be able to plan her best friends bachelorette and bridal party.

"By the way you are practically jumping out of your skin, I trust that it is going to be beautiful." The glowing pregnant woman smiled.

Mercedes has recently returned to the WWE and she just seemed so happy. While on her hiatus, Mercedes spent a lot of her time with Brielle when Colby was on the road. She helped her best friend with everything and basically split her time between her home life and then when she would spend time with Brielle.

"Have you done your photo shoot with Colby yet?" The newly blue haired woman asked.

"Not yet. Hopefully next week, after the baby shower. Plus, I have to do a photo shoot for my new line and then a release party, so my schedule is booked." The brunette sighed, nervously.

Ever since she got pregnant, Brielle had been working day and night on the perfect maternity wear for women. Even while working on this line, she was still putting out new clothes and making new designs. It was stressful, but she wouldn't have been okay if she wasn't doing this. It kept her occupied and was fun at times.

When her and Colby started to date, she quit her job because they were using her for more popularity. She found out after hearing two of her co-workers talking about what their boss told them about their designs being pushed back to come out after Brielle's.

Ever since then, Brielle had to work so hard to eventually start her own company. She manged to get some help from Nicole and Brie, who run their own businesses and brands, and they helped her get started. It was only a matter of months until Brielle was popping out new items and having people buy them for their stores. She even got to put up her own website.

"Girl, I just hope that you're still pregnant by the time this baby shower comes because you look like you're about to pop." Mercy laughed, rubbing the huge stomach of her friend.

"I can't believe I'm almost less than a month away. She just better wait for the end of October when her daddy can be here." Brielle told her.

"Well, if she is anything like her parents, she'll stick it out and wait until you both are here." She smiled, trying to reassure her best friend.

"I hope that you are right." Brielle said, looking down at her growing tummy, and rubbing it.