twenty-eight

"Okay, thank you so much

"Okay, thank you so much. We will see you soon. Talk to you later. Goodbye."

Mercedes hung up the phone excitedly, threw it on her bed and started to jump up and down. The doctor had just called her and told her the gender of Colby and Brielle's baby, now it was up to her to plan everything for their gender reveal party.

Her, being their closest friend, was obvious the best option. Plus, the couple knew that the party would be a total mess if Jon or Joe planned it.

Everything had been ordered way in advance, Mercedes just needed to order balloons, confetti, and powder that represented the color of the gender. Brielle and Colby hated the stereotypes about boys and girls colors, but they kept blue and pink for the reveal, just because it was easier.

She had the cutest idea to attach balloons to Kevin's collar and have him run out to Brielle and Colby right when the powder and confetti would come out from a cannon.

The gender reveal party was exactly in one week, April 14, 2019 at a country club in Orlando. All invitations were sent out, RSVPs had been sent back, and Colby and Brielle were way too excited. Brielle was scared that she was going to go into early labor because of her excitement.

On the invitation, it said for everyone to wear pink or blue to signify what they thought that the Lopez baby would be.

All Mercedes wanted was the day to be beyond perfect for her two close friends. She knew that they were going to be amazing parents and they deserved to have the best gender reveal party ever.

The big day of the gender reveal had finally arrived

The big day of the gender reveal had finally arrived. Brielle and Colby were freaking out because they were so excited to know the sex of their baby, and Mercedes was freaking out because she wanted everything to be perfect.

Brielle wore a simple white dress, that showed off her little fourteen week bump off, topped with a cropped jean jacket. It stopped right below of knee and she put a belt right above her belly. She decided to go with black, lace flats, just to be safe, and French braided her hair. Three slim golden bracelets sat on her right wrist, along with a heart necklace on her neck.