eight

Brielle took a deep breath in as she welcomed a tailor into her and Brian's apartment

Brielle took a deep breath in as she welcomed a tailor into her and Brian's apartment. Today was one of her last fittings for her wedding gown, yet she wasn't happy. This was supposed to be such a happy moment in her life, but she couldn't enjoy it because she knew that her fiancé was mad at her.

"Hi Susan, come on in." She said, putting on a fake smile and letting the older woman in.

She couldn't help but wonder what Susan was thinking at that moment. After all, Brielle was being fitted for a wedding gown, but was already married.

Alysia came out of the kitchen with a bottle of champagne and a couple glasses to try and relax the tan skinned woman. It was also to get her drunk enough to do some confessions.

As Susan started to set up, Brielle looked at her dress. It was so beautiful and she remembered the time when she couldn't wait to wear it. Now, she couldn't even look at the damn thing. The brunette took the dress in the other room and changed into it. She sighed while looking in the mirror and walked back out to the living room.

"Wow, it looks so perfect on you." Alysia told her, biting the inside of her cheek, so she wouldn't say anything that she'd regret later.

"I wish it felt that way." Brielle mumbled and stood on the podium that Susan brought. "This is supposed to be the happiest day of my life, and this whole thing is ruining it."

Alysia rubbed her back and sighed. "I'm sorry you feel that way."

"How does this feel?" Susan asked Brielle, interrupting the two from their conversation.

"Can you just make it a little bit tighter, please? It still feels a little big around my waist." Brielle told her, not knowing why she was bothering with getting the dress altered. Brian was probably going to call the whole thing off if the annulment didn't get filed soon.

The older woman continued to work as Brielle just looked at herself in the mirror that was right in front of her. She could not believe that she wasn't enjoying a moment that she would probably never get to have again.

The rest of the fitting was done in complete silence. Brielle was just so unhappy with the current situation, that she didn't even want to point anything out that looked wrong on her dress. When Susan would ask her a question, she'd just nod, or shake her head, or mumble a response.

Nothing was going the way that the brunette planned, and that broke her heart. She even wonder if Brian was already making calls to their guests saying that the wedding was canceled. Maybe he found someone knew and was falling in love with them, and falling out of love with her.

There was so many things that Brielle didn't know and didn't have answers to. All she wanted was to have the best time ever while planning and preparing for this wedding, and of course, everything was completely ruined all because of her stupid, drunken actions.

--

Colby groaned as he finished his last rep of pull ups

Colby groaned as he finished his last rep of pull ups. He jumped down from the bar and took a huge sip of water before putting on boxing gloves.

To say that he was frustrated was a big understatement. The annulment wasn't even filed yet and he had no idea why. Stephanie and Paul promised that they would tell his assistant when she could file it, and she still hasn't. He knew that this was holding up Brielle and her wedding planning. It was also tearing her and her fiancé apart. He didn't want to tear up two people who were so in love, but that was exactly what was happening.

As the long haired man punched the bag in front of him, he blocked out everything and just took out his anger on the bag. He didn't even hear the chimes of the door, signaling that someone had just walked into the gym, that was closed.

On the other side of the gym, Brielle bit her lip as she saw a shirtless Colby punching the punching bag. As much as she wanted to look away, she couldn't. Of course she thought he was attractive, but this was different. She could only see his toned back, and for some reason it made her feel some way, even though she had seen him shirtless before.

Colby sighed as he landed one last punch and started to take his gloves off. He threw them onto the bench and took his water bottle. As he drank it, he saw the tanned skin woman in the corner of his eye and turned around to face her.

"Hey Brielle." He stuttered out. He knew that she was coming, he invited her, but for some reason, this time felt different. It was like he was nervous.

"Hey. Sorry to disturb you. I can come back later, if you want to finish." She told him, trying to not look at his abs that were covered in sweat.

"Oh, no. You're good. I was just finishing up, actually." He told her with a smile, as he wiped himself off with a towel. "Thanks for meeting me here."

"This is actually a really convenient stop for me. I live a couple blocks away, and I happen to come here a lot." She smiled.

"Oh really, now? Little Brielle Murphy works out?" He joked.

"Come on, you don't think my abs came to me naturally, do you?" She said, making them both burst out laughing. "No, but for real, I do work out. Mainly kick boxing and boxing, but thats still working out."

"I guess I learn new things about my wife everyday." Colby shrugged, and then instantly regretted his comment when he noticed that she stiffened up. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to-"

"No, its okay." She cut him off. "Thats what I wanted to talk about anyway. I just really want my life to go back to normal. I'm kinda sick of the cameras in my face and articles written about me. I also feel like soon Brian is going to leave me. Sometimes I think that he already has."

Colby bit the inside of his cheek and ran a hand through his hair. He honestly had no idea about what was going on with the annulment, but he was scared to tell Brielle that. She already was going through a hard time because of him, and it would probably get even worse if he told her that.

"Hey, I promise you that he hasn't and will not leave you. You're an amazing woman and if he wants to leave you, he is going to lose one hell of a woman." He said, grabbing her hand to try and calm her down. "We will be single soon. I'm working so hard."

"But, not all annulments are granted, it depends on the judge." She told him, handing him a folder with articles it in.

Colby slightly chuckled at her and her research, which he had come to learn she likes to do. "You're a very organized person, Ms. Murphy. But, don't worry. I'm going to talk to my assistant, my bosses, and my lawyers to see what is going on. I will go to the extremes in order for you to get your life back."

"Thank you, Colby. I really appreciate everything that you have been doing. I hope that we can stay friends after all of this ends." Brielle smiled, making him smile back at her.

"I do too."