Chp. 024

{Word count: 1111}

[Hello there, my lovely mini Vigilantes!
how was your day so far?
how are you feeling today?
did you drink and eat enough?
do you maybe need a hug? free hugs for everyone! ^••^]

[THIRD PERSON]

Both Izuku and Mina didn't exactly know what to feel. Izuku felt betrayed, hurt. But he was still clinging on to hope, that there was a logical explanation for this. Mina on the other hand, was a different story. She felt relieved, Izuku was okay - seeing as she didn't know about the plan to kidnap him. She guessed, they didn't told her so she would act somewhat natural. But she was also feeling.. sad? guilty? It was a weird mixture. And if there was one thing she knew, it was that she definitely owed her friend an explanation. If she still could consider Izuku her friend, she betrayed him after all. She worked with the Villains, the ones that he had been working against at. Even if it wasn't really out of her own will, that she was here, she still felt bad.

Currently, the greenhead was sitting in the room he had to share with Mina and waited for her return. He needed answers. The plan to escape had been pushed aside for now. This was more important to him.
Hours passed and Mina didn't return, leaving Izuku with his thoughts and assumptions.

»That's it, if she's not back by tomorrow, I'm breaking out of here.«, Izuku said to himself in a hushed whisper.

Carefully, he glanced around the room, trying to find a any security cameras or something else that could hinder his plan. Nothing. Just how stupid were they? I mean, good for Izuku but seriously? Izuku wouldn't be surprised if he ended up lecturing the League, if his plan should succeed. You know, maybe leaving a note or something.

The creak of footsteps outside the room shook him from his thoughts. Quickly he laid down, facing the wall and pretended to be asleep. The footsteps were pretty light, so it was most likely a girl. So either Mina or Toga.

Please don't be Toga. Please don't be Toga. Please don't be Toga. Please don't be Toga. Please don't be Toga.

A quiet shuffling signaled Izuku, someone had entered. Their breath was loud and a little uneven, almost as if they were choking on something. Speaking of choking, just a moment later choked sobs were heard. The person was obviously trying to be quiet, but not doing a good job at it. Slowly, Izuku turned over, opening his eyes. In the darkness, he saw a silhouette with short, curly hair standing in the middle of the room, looking extremely lost and vulnerable.

»Mina?«, he whispered, sitting up. Mina let out a quiet yelp, avoiding to look at Izuku. »Come here.«, he opened up his arms, motioning her to come closer. At first, the girl was a little hesitant but then she practically threw herself into his arms, starting to sob uncontrollably.

»It's okay, everything is alright. I'm here, it's okay. Let it all out.«, he soothed and tried to comfort her, although he had very little luck. Mina kept repeating the same words, saying »I'm sorry.«, over and over again.

It took the greenette almost fifteen minutes, to finally calm her down to the point she was able to talk without her own cries interrupting her.

»Are you ready to talk about, why you were crying?«, she was still clinging onto him, as if her life depended on it. She was afraid, one wrong move would destroy everything they had left of friendship. Why couldn't she just be a normal teenager? Why did she have to slip into this mess of betrayal, hurt and many, many tears?

»I-.. I'm so sorry, I-Izuku!«, Mina cried before hugging him tightly. She was afraid. Afraid that he'd leave her. That he'd see her as a Villain, an enemy.

»What are you talking about?«, he spoke softly, running his hand through her hair. In all honesty, Izuku wasn't sure what to feel, once again. This whole situation was just leaving him confused and a little hurt. Mostly confused, though.

»I- this! This is a-all my fault! It's m-my fault, y-you're here..! I was the one, who joined the League! I was the one who told them about your identity, for crying out loud!«, Mina got louder and more hysterical towards the end, gripping her hair harshly, pulling at it.

Gently, Izuku grabbed her hands, placing them in his lap. With a sad, yet somewhat calm smile, he eyed her - although seeing as the room was pretty dark, it was rather difficult. »Mina, look at me. This is not your fault, okay? From the reaction earlier, I'm going to guess you didn't know about the kidnapping. You couldn't have known. And yeah, you may have told them my name. But honestly, another person could've figured out as well and get me kidnapped. Don't beat yourself down, okay?«, he tried to explain. Of course, he was a bit upset, his friend would actually betray him like that. But the hope of a logical explanation was still there.

»Also, Mina. I have a question. And I'd like you to answer completely honest, okay?«, slowly she nodded.

»Yeah, okay..«

»Why did you join? I mean, the reason. Was it from your own will or-«

The pinkhead cut him off with a long, heavy sigh. »They threatened my family. My friends. They- They threatened to kill Shinsou and you. Back then, they didn't know you where.. well, Karma. So they said, if I wouldn't join, something terrible, something that would apparently make my worst nightmares look peaceful, would happen to you guys. I- I felt like I didn't have a choice! I was so scared.. so I joined. I joined to protect you, but in the end, I couldn't even do that! Look at you, sitting here, kidnapped. Forced to join too. This all my fault! God fucking dammit!«, tears began to flood again, her quiet sobs filling in the silence.

Izuku embraced her in a hug again, making her lean against his chest, her head lying on his shoulder as he started to rub circles onto her back.

»Thanks for being honest with me and telling me about it. We'll find a way to get out of here, alright?«

[Yeyy!

I just wanted to say, thank you real quick. Thank you for all these adorable and sweet comments! Thank you for all these sweet dms, I got, of people telling me that they like my story! This all means so much to!

Now, something different; for the people reading my story 'waves'; I'll try to update for now at least once a week but I'm not sure, tbh-

Anyway, that's it for today! Have an amazing day/night! <3]