Chp. 010

{Word count: 1159}

[THIRD PERSON]

Mina flopped onto the seat next to Izuku. They were at the café, the pink girl worked in and she currently was on her break.

»You are stressed.«, Izuku stated without even looking up from his papers. The girl sighed.

»And you're right. Once again.«, she let out a faint chuckle. »The sports festival is coming up soon and I'm both excited and nervous about it.«

»You're nervous that you won't make it far.«, Izuku said, twirling his pencil around.

Mina let out another sigh. Normally, the girl was extremely hyper and full of energy but around Izu, she let her anxious side show and that even she had her doubts. Finally, Izuku lifted his head and greeted Mina with a warm smile.

»You'll do great, Mina. I know it. But if you want to, I could train you a little.«, Minas head whipped around, a skeptical look on her face.

»Come again?«, now it was Izukus turn to sigh. Mina seemed to realise and hectically moved her arms.
»Don't get me wrong, Izu! I appreciate the offer but you- I-«

»You think I'm not strong enough?«, a wide grin spread across his face. It frightened Mina a little.

»I- yes? I-I mean, no! No, I don't think you're not 'strong enough'! You just don't look very strong?«, Izukus grin grew wider and wider, making him look like some maniac.

Abruptly, he stood up and glanced at the girl.

»Meet me tomorrow night at eight at the beach.«, was all he said before leaving the café with all his papers stuffed in his arms and a satisfied grin.

Mina let out a shaky breath. »I'm really starting to think this boy is some kind of psychopath..«, she let out a huff as she realised her break was over and she had to work again. With a groan she stood up and walked back into the small kitchen.

☕︎︎

A knock on his window woke Shinsou up. Mumbling some curses, he walked over from his bed to the balcony and opened the door. Not a second later a figure stumbled in, falling flat onto Shinsous bed. The insomniac boy groaned and grabbed the first aid kit.

»Where now?«, the Vigilante pointed to his lower back and face. His face.. Shinsou had always wondered what Karma looked like underneath that mask. It had only been two weeks since they met but a friendship was easily formed between the two.

The indigo boy nodded and started patching up the wounds. Karma didn't even show the slightest reaction, when Shinsou accidentally came in contact with the open wound. This confused the sleep deprived teenager.

»There, all done. Now, your face. You think you could take your mask off or something? Because otherwise I can't help you.«, Karma was hesitant. The bruises and the cut needed treatment, no doubt. But he did not want Shinsou to see his face. I can ask for the bathroom.. but my legs surely won't make it that far. I overstrained myself probably a little too much today. Fuck it.

Much to Shinsous surprise, Karma slowly nodded and reached up to his face. First, he pulled down the hood and cap, revealing a fluffy mess of green hair. When it came to the actual mask, Karmas hand hovered a little in the air before quickly pulling it down. Shinsou let out a gasp. But it wasn't because of the injuries, it was because of how young Karma was. I'm probably older than him, oh my god. The boy smiled at Shinsou but winced at the pain a second later.

»I have.. so many questions. But first the injuries.«, the male bend down again and started treating and patching up the boy once more.

☕︎︎

Together, they were on Shinsous balcony again - the older male leaning against the railing and the Vigilante sitting on it again. Both if them looked up at the sky, none of them daring to break the silence.

»You said that you had questions. Ask away.«, the real voice of Karma rung out. It was the first time, the greenette had spoken since he took off his mask and Shinsou did not expect his voice to sound like that at all. And now that he thought about it, what he heard before must've been a voice changer.

»W-What's your quirk?«, Shinsou asked. But he sensed the boy next to him tensing up. Did he say something wrong?

»I'm.. I'm quirkless.«

W h a t? Shinsou definitely did not expect that. It made sense though, so he just nodded.

»C-Can I ask your name?«, Shinsou turned around so he faced the boy sitting on the railing.

»Midoriya. Izuku Midoriya.«, Izuku smiled. His wounds were itching a little but it could've been worse.

They continued to talk and Shinsou found out, that Izuku was in fact only fifteen, that he lived with his mom only but that she was sick and that it had gone worse again, a few days ago. Around 2AM, Izuku left again but this time not, without giving his number to Shinsou.

𒊹︎ 𒊹︎ 𒊹︎ 𒊹︎

»Come on! Is that all you got?!«, Izuku yelled on top of his lungs, panting and laughing like crazy. All these villain encounters surely had messed with his brain and common sense a little.

Mina stood not far away from him, eyeing him worriedly. She had never seen this side of her dear friend and it scared her a little. But she wouldn't back down! How would she encounter real Villains when she couldn't even face her friend?
And like that, she charged at him again. Of course - unknowingly to Mina - Izuku held back all the time. He could've beaten her in the matter of seconds but he didn't. In fact, he actually react late on purpose sometimes so Mina would actually land a hit and would be proud of herself. The first time, she managed to kick him, she jumped around like a child that had freshly gotten some candy.

I'm gonna tell you soon, Mina. Just not yet. One person knowing my secret is enough for now.

In the end, Izuku purposely let Mina win a few times to make her happy and not to make her frustrated. The frustration would come soon enough. And after a while the girl returned home again. Since Inko was at the hospital right now, Izuku had no reason to go home yet. Instead, he got out the phone he used as Karma and decided to annoy his Hero friends.

Karma'sComingForYa: Yo, what's up? :D

It didn't take long for Aizawa to reply.

SleeplessHobo: Shut up.
Karma'sComingForYa: Pff, rude much?
MommaMidnight: So you're the guy everyone talks about?
Karma'sComingForYa: Gasp, Momma Midnight joined us!

A yawn left Izukus mouth and so he decided to call it a night for now.

MommaMidnight: Huh? Nevermind, actually.
Karma'sComingForYa: Oh, well. I'll call it a night. See ya around! ( ˘ ³˘)

[Wohoo, here we go! Did you expect this? :P

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3]